chapter nineteen: a new story

No one's pov
"Why did we have to come over so early?" Sophie yawned. Her and Oliver were standing on the front porch of y/n's house. "I have no idea." Oliver shrugged. "It's freezing out here, can you tell y/n to hurry up?" Sophie wrapped her arms around herself.

Y/n pov
As I was getting ready to leave I heard my phone buzz. I zip up my coat and check my phone.

Entering text chat

Oliver: can you hurry up before we freeze

Y/n: hold your horses.

Oliver: fiiiiine

Exit text chat

I shove my phone in my pocket and grab my school bag. I slowly crept out of my room. "Where are you going?" I turn around and see claude sitting on the couch with a book in his hand. "I was just...going to walk around the neighborhood." Claude just stares at me with a dull look on his face.

"This early in the morning?" Claude stood up and walked closer to me. I backed up against the door. Claude hovered over me. "Umm...yep." I try not to make eye contact as he gets closer to my face. A knot grows in my stomach.

No one's pov
The demons eyes turned pink. Y/n knew what this meant and tried to move but she couldn't. She was captivated by his eyes. Claude leans in closer and y/n starts to feel weak. Y/n eyes start getting heavier and heavier until claude suddenly stops and looks behind him.

"S-sebastian." Y/n snapped out of it. The two butlers glare at each other. "Crow." Claude surprising didn't sound as monotone as he normally did, he sounded pised. "Spider." Sebastian's eyes nowred.

Y/n pov
I quickly ran outside of the house to escape from that situation. What was that just now? I sigh and walk up to Oliver and Sophie. "What took you so long?" Oliver asked. "It's a long story."

Sophie was about to speak but I interrupted. "Seriously, don't ask." Sophie glanced at Oliver but he just shrugged it off. "Now, let's go." I start walking.

"Wait, we're not getting a ride." Sophie whined. "Nope." I give her a smile. "Why?" Sophie asked. "Because I haven't gone for a walk outside of my neighborhood since forever," I said. "So, we're here in case you get lost," Oliver said. I nod.

We start walking for some time. Oliver and I were ahead of Sophie. "Is she okay?" I whisper to Oliver. "She may not look like it but she's not a morning person." Oliver answered. I nod in understandment.

"I can hear you!" Sophie yelled. "We should start running." Oliver grabbed my hand. "Wh-" before I could even speak Oliver started running. "Get back here!" I look back to see a irritated Sophie chasing us.

Time skip

Oliver and I were out of breath, in front of the police station. "H-hey...wait for...me." Sophie caught up to us. We were all catching our breath than I just burst out laughing. Oliver starts to laugh to. "What's so funny?" Sophie asked.

Our laughter dies down. "I don't know, I guess I just need a laugh." I smile and look up at the Rising sun. "We should hurry, I don't want to be late for school." Sophie walks in the building. I can't believe I almost forgot about school. I follow behind Sophie and Oliver.

Time skip

After we turned in evidence to the police we decided to call a cab to drive us to school. This was the most normal day at school in a long time. Mia wasn't at school today and her minions were clueless without her.

I didn't see Charlotte either. "Hey, is Charlotte here?" I ask Charlie. "Yeah she's here but she's been acting kind of weird lately." Charlie opens her locker. "How?" I ask. "She's been distant and quite, kind of like how you were when we first met."

I chose to ignore that last part. "Charlotte!" Charlie yelled. I look up to see Charlotte standing there frozen. As soon as we lock eyes she turns around. "See what I mean." Charlie closes her locker and follows Charlotte.

I start to follow them. "Y/n, Benjamin's here." Lizzie called out. "I'm coming." I sigh.

Earlier at y/n's house

"You felt it to didn't you?" Sebastian asked. The tension between these two were still strong. "That was a protection spell," Claude said. "But you wouldn't know that unless you attempted to steal her soul." Claude's eyes narrowed.

"I did try to steal her soul on that stormy night but the spell was too strong." Sebastian was in deep thought. "This means that her parents most likely expected this to happen." Claude implied. Sebastian was still thinking.

"We shouldn't think about that now." Sebastian put on a fake smile. "The sun is rising and we still need to prepare breakfast." Sebastian made his way to the kitchen.

After school (y/n pov)

I entered the house groaning and plopped on the couch face first. "You seem awfully tired today," Ciel said. "Let's just say I had a early start to my day." I yawn and close my eyes.

"Where were you this morning?" Alois asked. "Apparently a early morning walk," Claude said. Ben let's out a laugh. "What's so funny?" I stare at him. "You would never skip breakfast for a walk." Ben wiped a tear from his eye.

"I had two pieces of banana bread in my bag, thank you very much." Ben starts laughing again. "I'm going outside." I sigh. "I'll get...you when dinners...ready." Ben says in between his laughter.

I roll my eyes and walk outside. Finally some peace and quiet. I close my eyes and enjoy the wind blowing against my face. I open my eyes slowly and see Phoenix. Same as always.

This time his gaze felt almost hypnotizing, like his eyes were screaming come closer. Without thinking I start walking towards him. When I got close enough I knelt down and put his head agents mine.

I saw a flash of light. When I opened my eyes I was in a completely white empty space. "Where am I?" I look around in confusion. "The beginning of your story of course."

No one's pov
Benjamin and the butlers were finished cooking. "Thanks to the three of us cooking this goes a lot faster." Benjamin wipes the sweat off his brow. "Well I'm gonna go get y/n."

Benjamin pokes his head out the back door. "Y/n, it's time for din-" Benjamin froze at the site of y/n. "What's the matter?" Sebastian asked. Benjamin looks sebastian dead in the eyes. "It's time."

To be continued

Bye!

Thank you for still reading this!