Chapter One

It was late at night and Team Avatar was gliding across the sky, with their new recruit Zuko.
They all sat side by side, Katara, Zuko, Suki, Sokka, and Toph. Aang sitting at the front carefully leading Appa. They all took turns at the front. After a few hours everyone's eyes began to get heavy, they started to dropped down. Sokka was now at the front and Aang and Toph we're now sitting side by side. Toph lying on his shoulder
Katara stared enviously, Zuko took note of that. He chuckled. "What?" Katara demanded.
"Your eyes are so fixed on him." He answered gesturing to Aang. She looked down trying to hide her flushed face
"y-you don't know what your talking about." She resisted, but Zuko could see it.
"Come on, say it, spit it out. You can trust me." He said with a warm smile, a reassuring one.
"Says the person who followed us halfway across he globe!" She scoffed throwing he hands up.
There was a complete utter silence until.. "fine, Zuko." His eyes lighten up this was the first signed of trust he saw in her.
"Look at Toph sitting there with Aang, it's just infuriating.....because." She said be for coming to a halt.
"Because what?" He asked even though he was certain he already knew the answer.
Katara was hesitant, "because I should be the one that is in her place, I know, I know you probably think I'm being ridiculous." She let out a fake laugh.
Zuko put his hand on her shoulder, "you want to know what my uncle told me about love?" She nodded, agreeing. "Love is like to separate rivers, they may be far away from eachother at first but they will meet."
"Thank you...Zuko." She replied in relief. "You're uncle is very wise."
"I know."

Zuko's P.O.V

Sigh. This ride is taking so long, I can't sleep either. I wonder if my advice helped Katara. Does she trust me now, will she? Why am I so worried about her? Is she jus-. Zuko felt a slight nudge on his left shoulder, I looked over to what I thought was Momo but instead I saw, a beautiful water tribe girl sleeping peacefully on my shoulder. I felt my face flush bright pink, but why? Did I have a crush on her, no impossible.

Aang's P.O.V

Yawn. What time is it? I scanned around Appa, my eyes fixed on Katara and Zuko. Why is she laying on him and why is he laying on her!
She belongs to me! I see what your trying to do Zuko and I'm telling you I won't play nice.

The sun was beginning the rise and Katara felt the morning sun on her face, she opened her eyes. "Ow my neck hurts." She thought. She looked and came to the realization she was laying on Zuko the whole night "what do I do? Do I back say or....". Zuko felt her piecing stare causing him to open his eyes. Both there faces flushed red and they shuffled away into opposite directions.
"S-sorry, Z-Zuko" she stammered. They both looked down embarrassed.
"So how'd you sleep?" Zuko asked trying to break the silence. "Oh um fine." She giggled nervously. "What am I doing!" They both thought, they slowly shuffled closer. "Good morning!" Said Aang popping out of nowhere.
He squeezed in between Zuko and Katara, purposely nudging Zuko. "How'd you sleep, Katara." He asked completely ignoring the existence of Zuko.
Zuko thought nothing of it. "Good morning, Aang." Zuko said.
"Hi...Zuko." He said, coldly.
Zuko raised an eyebrow, than slowly went to front for his turn.
"What was that?!" Katara snapped as should as Zuko left. "What?" He said innocently.
"Why were you being so cold toward Zuko?"
"Why are you so defensive!" He snapped back.
"Aang you're being ridiculous!" She yelled before storming off.
"Wow what's gotten you so heated, Sugar queen." Toph asked.
"Aang." She mumbled.
"Oh so your having problems with your boyfriend?" Sokka giggled
"He's not my boyfriend!" She scoffed.
"Maybe try asking him why he was acting the way he was." Suki suggested.

She walked over to Aang, "why were you so mad this morning?" He turned away
"Aang, you know you can tell me right?" She said softly.
He took a deep breath "you and Zuko."
"What about us?" She asked puzzled.
"Don't act clueless I've seen the way you look at each other and last night!"
"I don't know what your talking about!?" She argued.
"Then explain why you guys were cuddling last night." He yelled.

Suki looked at Sokka "should we be doing something?"
"Hey I'm just enjoying the show." He shrugged.

"Seriously, Aang you're being ridiculous, think about what you say before you accuse me!" Was the last thing Katara did before storming of.

"So how'd it go?" Suki asked unsure.
"How do you think?" She fumed
"Maybe try thinking about it from his perspective and not yours." Toph suggested
"There is nothing to think about!" She stared.
"If you say so."

Authors note- I am open to suggestions!