Chapter 26

Hanna's POV

Today was Luke's final day here before he had to go back to London. I was sad he had to go. But I already took some of his time for him to come here and be with me. I couldn't be greedy he needed to go do his job.

This morning Luke had asked me to go on a date with him. He said it was very special. He's been gone since mid-day supposedly getting things ready. On the other hand I've been sitting here to talking to Allie.

I've been so much happier since he came here. I've actually smiled for the first time in the last few weeks.

"Hanna, are you listening to me. We have to start getting you ready for your date tonight with lover boy." Allie said waving her hands in front of my face.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Let's go to the mall. I don't have anything to wear." I say, she nods and we grab our phones and purses and leave.

We make our way to the mall and make a Starbucks run. That's typical me and Allie for you. after we get our drinks we go to several stores.

Several hours later me and Allie were back at my house and she was helping me get ready. I had already gotten showered and dressed.

My outfit consisted of a white shirt, denim shorts, an Aztec printed cardigan, some black sheer tights, and black combat boots.

While I was playing on my phone Allie was curling my strawberry blonde hair. And doing my makeup. She finished quickly and on cue the doorbell rang.

I heard my parents answer it. Oh god, please don't let my dad do anything stupid. "Hello, Luke. Hanna should be ready any minute. Would you like anything to drink?" My mother asked politely.

"No thank you Mrs. James." He said. I was waiting at the top of the stairs just procrastinate a bit.

"For heavens sakes, call me Sharon and call him Peter." She said gesturing to my dad. I decided that was enough so I made my way down the stairs and walked over to Luke.

"You look beautiful as always." He says sweetly.

"Thanks, you don't look to bad yourself." I said smiling.

"Alright, well we won't hold you two kids up any longer. Be back by midnight please." My dad said before walking away.

"Okay bye." I say and pull Luke out of my house. He intertwined our fingers and we walk down the street since he didn't have a license is the US and I didn't have a car. Sad I know.

But I was okay with walking, as long as I got to spend time with Luke. We ended up at Central Park. It wasn't crowded either which is weird since it normally is. There was only he occasional bystander, but that's it.

We walk towards a big tree in the middle and I notice a picnic is set up. Fairly lights were strewn in the tree and there was a blanket on the ground.

"Luke this is amazing." I say hugging him, he stumbled a bit since it caught him by surprise.

"I'm glad you like it." He says smiling. We sat down and he started pulling food out of the basket. "No I didn't cook, Allie helped me."

I just laughed, but it's the thought that counts right? Right. We started eating and we just talked about life. This has probably been one of the bed nights of my life so far.

"I wanna show you something." Luke says and grabbing something from beside him. It turns out to be his guitar. How did I not notice that.

Luke takes it out of his case and starts playing Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. It was honestly my favorite song ever.