Chapter 8

Kagome stifled a laugh as Minato face planted into yet another tree. Kagome looked down at weapon Minato was trying to combine with Fuinjutsu. It was a three-pronged kunai with the Fuinjutsu tag wrapped around the hilt. From what she had read this morning he was trying to reproduce results made by the second Hokage. Basically, it was teleportation, how crazy was that? However, the second Hokage never wrote down exactly how he was able to do it. Other than needing their own personalized seal, which Minato had made and attached to the kunai.

Kagome had an idea, "Hey dork, come here." She called out to Minato as she stood up. It looked like all of his equations were correct, from what she could tell anyway. She was by no means an expert on Fuinjutsu, but sutras she did know. And some of the higher-powered sutras needed a bit of an extra boost.

Minato practically had a pout on his face as he made his way over to Kagome, "Sorry you have to keep healing me."

"It's no problem, lets my Ki get some exercise. Sit down, I want to show you something." Kagome said, "Well, uh, after I heal you." She snickered. He already had a black eye and his nose looked broken. He had kissed that last tree hard. Minato always activated a small privacy seal when he practiced. It would alert him immediately if anyone would try and interrupt them. So, she didn't have to be afraid of being found out when using her abilities out here. Minato would let her know if anyone was close. She searched quickly for any auras close to her, and when she only detected Minato's and herself, she activated her healing ability started healing her idiot brother. Always better safe than sorry. Yes brother, she thought of Minato as her brother. Only inside her mind though, she wouldn't inflate his ego any more than it already was by calling him brother first. She had to really watch herself when she spoke to him lately, it was becoming almost natural to want to call him Minato-Nii.

"What did you want to show me Gome?" he asked ignoring her laughter.

"Right, this is another of those things that Hokage-sama already knows and you can't tell anybody. Promise?"

"Of course."

"Good, give me two of your blank sealing papers, an inkwell, and a separate ink dish."

"Well, aren't you being demanding this morning." Minato teased.

"Come on, I think this may help you with your tree-hugging problem." Kagome gave him a look, why was he being so annoying today? He was in an overly good mood. Was it because of the fort sleepover last night? He did hand over the requested items though.

"Thanks." She quickly drew the sutra for binding, this was a normal binding. It would freeze the recipient it was placed on. Though these worked better on demons than normal humans. However, someone with enough power would be able to break it.

Without any warning, she plastered her sutra to Minato's forehead. With a flash of her power, it stuck there, effectively freezing him. She saw his eyes go wide in a type of panic as he realized that he couldn't move.

"Right about now you'll realize you can't move any of your muscles. What I just used is a basic binding sutra. Anyone from my village that had Ki was able to use them. However, if you flare your chakra, you'll most likely be able to break it." Kagome talked him through it.

Minato did just that, he sharply flared his chakra and the paper ripped. Effectively freeing him from the binding. He ripped off the rest of the sutra off of his forehead and stared at her with wide eyes, "How did you do that?" that felt like being under the effects of the Nara family jutsu, only no shadows. Just a piece of paper. That was low key terrifying.

"As I said, it was a sutra. Grandma Kaede and big brother Miroku taught me how to make them. I'm able to do a whole bunch of things with them. With the one I just made it makes it so whomever I place it on can't move. It's a pretty basic one, one of the first ones I learned how to make actually. As you can probably tell it doesn't take much to break one like that. However, if I do this." She dumped out a small amount of ink into one of the dishes he had brought along. Then she cut her fingertip and let her blood mix with the ink. She ignored Minato's shout of shock and easily healed her fingertip over to satisfy him.