Chapter 18

Kagome watched Kushina grumble out of the corner of her eye as she was cleaning up from the small supper she had thrown together for the older lady. Kushina had shown up rather late already in a pretty crappy mood. Food always seems to cheer the red-head up so she had offered a small meal, which had been readily agreed to. When Kushina let out a low angry mumble again Kagome couldn't take it anymore, "Alright, I give. What's wrong Kushina?"

Kushina startled slightly before a light blush started overtaking her face, she obviously didn't realize that she had been mumbling out loud, "It's nothing. Don't worry about me." She rambled out quickly, hoping the younger girl would simply drop it.

Kagome rolled her eyes and stopped the pretense of cleaning and gave Kushina her full attention, "Yeah, I totally believed that one. Seriously, what's wrong? I don't like seeing you this worried about something."

The red-head let out a long sigh when she recognized the look in Kagome's eyes. The kid wouldn't let this go until she figured out exactly what was wrong, "It's nothing for you to worry about Gome, it's adult stuff. My landlord informed me right before I came over that he sold the building and we all have to be out by the end of the week. Which means I only have three days to find a new place to live. Don't worry though, I'm sure I'll be able to find somewhere without too much trouble. It's just annoying that he didn't give us more warning. I didn't even know that he was planning on selling the place." She grumbled out crankily.

Kagome paused in what she was doing, biting her lip in thought. Minato wasn't home right now but would be back in about an hour or so. She knew for a fact that her brother would instantly offer what she herself wanted to. After a moment of consideration, she decided to just do it, "Why don't you move in with us?" Minato could thank her later.

It was Kushina's turn to freeze as she stared at the little girl she thought of as a little sister, "What?" she answered smartly.

Kagome shrugged in response, "I mean you're already over here a lot. Plus, you've been sleeping over half of the time since you end up staying so late. Minato loves you and I really like having you around. I don't see a reason for you not to move in." Kagome argued her case.

Kushina blushed prettily as she thought of it, "I don't know Gome, as much as it seems like you run the house, that would be up to Minato." She argued lamely back.

Kagome had to hold back another eye-roll, like Minato would say no to having Kushina around permanently, "Why don't you talk to Minato when he gets home then?" she offered lightly as she finished putting the leftovers away. She went over to the red-head and hugged her from behind, "Personally, I hope that you choose to move in. Anyway, I'm going to go meditate for a bit before I head to bed. Have a good night Kushina."

Kushina smiled as she patted the arms around her, "Alright, I'll make sure Minato stays quiet when he shows up. Sleep well." She replied. She knew that Kagome had started meditating about two months ago before going to sleep. Something about settling her mind to be able to sleep. All Kushina knew was that she would never have the patience to do it.

Kagome let go of her older sister and headed to her room. A smile appeared on her face as Suhi pulsed his greeting to her. He had been much more friendly to her lately, which she didn't mind at all. She gave a small pulse in return and sensed Suhi's amusement. Only this time she also sensed a nearly undetectable pulse of yokai from down the hall. One that could only be coming from the Kyuubi. She was just able to sense the curiosity in the pulse's intent. A small frown pulled at her lips as he considered doing something, she had been curious about doing for quite a while.

"Well he's a curious little kit isn't he?" Magatsuhi thought to her in amusement.

"I'm sure he doesn't get much company. Kushina doesn't like him and it isn't like he has anyone else to talk to. Plus, as far as he knows he and his eight other siblings should be the only youkai in the world. The fact that he continuously senses your yokai must puzzle him to no end. Also, he is most likely older than you are, please don't antagonize him by calling him a kit." Kagome answered in amusement.