Chapter 17

It had been a very long six months since she got back from that first mission. Most of it was intense training sessions broken up by difficult missions. Almost all of their missions pertained to the upcoming war they were trying their hardest to keep putting off. Kagome was less than pleased to know that she just got out of one war only to get plopped into a new one. At least this one shouldn't be as difficult as fighting against a psychotic spider demon super-powered by jewel shards. Much to her dislike, she was gaining a reputation outside of Konoha. With the types of missions they got assigned, as Jiraiya was her sensei, it was only a matter of time. Unfortunately for her, some of the shinobi from Konoha were overheard talking during one of their missions and her despicable nickname had spread past Konoha's gates. She was starting to become known as the Witch of Konoha, and it pissed her off to no end. Why couldn't those idiotic shinobi just keep their mouths shut? She was not a witch! Thankfully none of them knew her actual name, they only had a light description. So far, at least outside of Konoha, Kagome Namikaze and the Witch of Konoha were still two different people. She desperately hoped she could keep it that way. Honestly, it wasn't like she actually used her Miko abilities outside of training sessions with Jiraiya. All she ever used was her healing and barriers. She never made her eyes glow and she had managed to get the glow around her down to barely visible when she used her abilities. Other than the loudmouths from Konoha, people from outside of Konoha had absolutely no evidence to associate her with a witch! If she ever found out which shinobi had spread her nickname, there was going to be less shinobi in Konoha.

Since she had met Fugaku Uchiha for the first time she had run into him a few more times. She always tried her best to keep the conversations brief and polite. Minato had warned her that Fugaku could be a real piece of work at the best of times. However, Kagome knew from dealing with demon royalty through Sesshomaru that making enemies with powerful people was a terrible idea. Even if you absolutely despise the person, plaster a smile on your face and chat like you are old buddies. So, she tried her best to keep herself carefully neutral with the man. She was nice and polite, but not trying to be overly friendly where he would try and start manipulating her. It was a careful balance, but she did her best. She tried her best to stay out of the Uchiha district all together, which Obito agreed with. That probably helped the most. She usually ran into him the most near the Hokage tower. She had run into his fiancé a couple of times in the market and she seemed like a very nice lady. What she was doing with Fugaku she had no idea, most likely arranged marriage if she was being honest.

During all of her intense training sessions, she had learned a lot of new jutsu, which she was ecstatic about. She even learned a few that were outside of her elemental release. Those had been difficult to learn, but totally worth it. They took up more chakra to use so some of them were strictly only for dire situations. She was getting a lot better with her Fuinjutsu as well. She got a pretty good grasp of basic seals, but this particular skill was definitely going to be one she learns in the long run. Her training was mostly with Jiraiya, but she did split off from him at times. Minato still trains her from time to time, though he is just as busy as she is lately. Minato had finally mastered his new jutsu, he called it rasengan, and Kami is it powerful. She had no desire to learn it as it was not one of her chakra releases and looked way too complex for her. Minato taught it to Jiraiya, however. While those two were off training together Kagome trained with her terror trio. She didn't get to hang out with them as much as she would like lately, but hopefully, after this whole possible war thing, she would get more time to hang out with them more. They had tried to expand on her ability to heal from a distance, but she couldn't get it past more than one person at a time as of yet. Her soul and Ki core were still smaller than they used to be, so maybe when she got older, she'd be able to heal more. Only when the resources that fueled it grew though. Jiraiya had told her that his old teammate Tsunade was able to heal a bunch of people at the same time with help from her summon. That got her thinking a bit, she wasn't able to use a summon like Tsunade, but what if she made a mixture of Fuinjutsu and sutras into a talisman people could hold onto. Like bracelets or something similar. If she was able to tap into those talismans when she tried healing, would she be able to spread her reach? It was definitely something that she could start looking into, but she would have to get more familiar with Fuinjutsu first.