Chapter 10

Kushina Uzumaki was not having a very good week. First of all, she had gotten what seemed like a series of really crappy missions. Secondly, the Kyuubi has been extremely restless recently. And lastly, which she will never admit out loud, she was kind of disappointed that Minto was out for a longer mission.

She was currently on her way to do a thing she never thought she would catch herself doing. She was on her way to spy on a child, a child! Honestly, the kid couldn't be any older than eight. And why was she going to be spying on some poor random kid? The Kyuubi will not leave her alone, so she's humoring him. For some weird reason, the dumb fox has formed an unreasonable obsession with this random kid. He had told her that he sensed something from her that should be impossible. She had finally gotten him to admit that he sensed the Sage of Six Path's chakra coming off of the girl. He had only told her that because she said she wouldn't go near the girl unless he told her what was going on. She had finally gotten the general routine she was on, and right about now she should be starting training. She had no idea why the kid decided to train in one of the official training grounds instead of a monitored one like at the school. So, all she had to do was completely hide her chakra and spy on the girl for the day. Hopefully, that would satisfy the Kyuubi enough for him to leave her alone.

As she walked towards the training ground usually reserved for the Nara, Akimichi, and Yamanaka clans her mind started to wander. Without her really meaning to her mind focused on Minato. She hadn't gotten to see him too much in the past few months. He usually only managed to sit down with her about twice a week, which is significantly less than his every day stalking tendencies. Whenever they did get a chance to hang out and talk it was never for long, and he always seemed distracted. Like he had something else to do. He has seemed much happier than he had been and she wondered why that was. Had he found a girlfriend or something? With a determined shake of her head, she got her mind off that annoying blond idiot. She was getting close to the training grounds so she had to focus now.

Kushina pulled her chakra as tightly as she could, suppressing it almost entirely. Only a tracking ninja that was looking for her would be able to find her now. She stealthily made her way as close as she dared to the girl. To her surprise, she wasn't there alone. No; Inoichi, Shikaku, and Choza were all there with her. In fact, it looked like it was currently three against one. Boys against the girl. She silently watched for a few minutes just to try and figure out what was going on. Why were those three training this kid so hard? The way they were training her was more along the lines of a genin or even a chunin. Eventually, Inoichi got in a good kick and sent the kid flying. That seemed to be the sign of break time.

The kid sat up with a groan, "You guys are so mean. I'm pretty sure this isn't what he had in mind when he told me to keep training."

Shikaku chuckled quietly as Inoichi helped her up, "Come on Gome, you almost lasted five minutes that time. Don't quit now."

She pouted, "I'm not quitting, I just need a break." She rubbed her stomach and winced slightly, "That kick really hurt."

"Why don't you heal yourself up a bit Kagome?" Choza suggested. He had been told of her kekkei genkai and fake backstory, but nothing else.

"I think that's a good idea, is anybody around?" Kagome asked as she cast around for any close auras.

Kushina was hidden well enough that they weren't able to sense her, the Kyuubi might have helped cloak them a bit. He wanted to know why this kid had the same feeling as his father did.

"Nope, I don't sense anyone. Go for it Kagome." Shikaku drawled.

Kagome nodded and held her hands over her stomach. Suddenly the girl started glowing a light pink. After about a minute the glow died down and Kagome stood up straight.