•Chapter One•

"But Yoona, you can't stay here forever" I say with passion as I look the directors straight in the eyes.

"Y-you have to escape, there's nothing here for you. You have to escape, to where Lee Minjun is waiting for you" I say with a bit of a shaky voice in the beginning to sound more convincing to the directors.

"Cut! We've heard enough" one of the directors in the chairs says, signing me to go away and let the next person audition. Oh shit, I must have fucked up I didn't even finish the script I had to learn for the audition.

Oh well, I guess I messed this up.

I make my way out of the studio towards my best friend's house. I have to tell her how badly the audition went. I mean it was her idea in the first place.

We were walking along the street and Seoyoung spotted a poster hanging on the wall along the street. She immediately pointed it out to me and told me to audition for the movie.

The movie was called The Truth Untold. I decided to audition for Kang Yoosun which is Chung Yoona's maid.

I didn't need the main role. I've always wanted to be an actress. But I can't just start with auditioning for the main role, they won't accept me. So that's why I auditioned for Chung Yoona's maid.

I somberly look outside the window of the bus which is Taking me to my best friend. I don't have a car because I dont have the money for one. My parents died when I was 14 and I had to move in with my aunt. Once I turned 18 I moved out. Now I live on my own in a small apartment. I have a job as a waitress which can only just pay for the apartment.

The bus stops at my stop. I get out and start walking towards my best friends house.

I somberly make my way towards her door feeling bad about the audition. I knock on her door and shortly after she makes her way towards the door and opens it.

"Oh my babe, what's wrong?" She says making her way towards me and holds me in her embrace.

"I messed up the audition" I mumble. "Awh, it's okay. You can always audition for another movie or drama. Don't worry" she says and lets me go and we both walk into her living room and sit on the sofa.

"So... what makes you think you messed up the audition?" Seoyoung asks me with apologetic eyes feeling sorry for me.

"The lady told me to stop before I finished the script, she didn't need to hear more. I wasn't good enough for them" I say directing my eyes towards the floor.

Seoyoung moves closer towards me and I lay into her lap. "It's all going to be okay, don't worry. We'll find something else for you to audition for" she says as she plays with my hair comforting me. I decide to shut my eyes and fall asleep.

I wake up to the smell of ramen, yum. I open my eyes and make my way towards the kitchen to see Seoyoung making ramen. "Hey y/n, you want some ramen?" She asks.

"Yes please" I smile and sit down on the dining table and Seoyoung comes to the dining table with two bowls of ramen.

I stick my fork into the ramen and take a bite, it was still a bit hot but it tasted amazing making me feel a whole lot better. Seoyoung always knows how to cheer me up. I'm so lucky to have someone like her.

Since my parents died  she has always been there for me. Whenever I needed help or someone to talk to. She is the best friend ever. And I'm so grateful I have someone like her to help me get through such a difficult time.

"Y/n?" "Yes?" I reply curious to what she's about to say.

"Do you know when they are going to inform everyone on who gets which role in the movie?" She asks me.

"Yeah.... tomorrow at 12 pm" I reply. "I mean it doesn't matter anyway, I would never be able to get a role in the movie anyway" I add.

"Nope, don't think like that. You have a chance of getting a role in this movie. I mean why wouldn't they want you? I've seen you act before y/n" she looks at me directly in the eyes "and your acting is amazing, trust me. And plus you're pretty" she adds the last sentence with a less serious tone and a wink trying to make me feel better.

<time skip: the next day>

I was lying on Seoyoung's bed with her whilst we were both playing on our phones when my phone started ringing from an unknown number.

I accept the call and press the phone against my ear "Annyeonghaseyo, you are speaking with Jeong y/n" I say trying to sound formal to whoever is calling me.

"Yes , I'm calling about yesterdays audition" the man over the phone said making my heart stop.

"We have decided to give you the role of Chung Yoona" he says and my eyes widen from excitement as a big smile appeared on my face.

"Thank you so so much, I feel so honored this is amazing" I say over the phone back to the man.

He chuckles over my enthusiasm "We would love to see you this evening for a dinner with the new cast. I'm sorry for the short notice but it would be nice if you could come" he says with a friendly tone. I like this man, he's nice.

"Yes, of course I'll come" I reply and we both say our goodbyes and end the call.

"Who was it?!" Seoyoung asks me immediately making me jump. I forgot she was next to me whilst I was talking over the phone.

"A man. I think he was one of the directors from yesterdays audition. He gave me a role" I say happily as I hug my best friend.

"I didn't get the role I auditioned for though, I got the main role of Chung Yoona" I say with a grin on my face.

"I knew you could do it" my best friend says with a grin hugging me back.

——
A/n: hey guys,
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my book.

By the way in the following chapters I have decided to write the parts from the movie scenes in the fat font, so it's more clear that you are reading a movie scene in that moment.

Just so you guys know, I actually wrote this book a few months ago but I got a bit of a writers block and I had a few things I wanted to change in the story so I took the story down and I'm rewriting it.