2

Everyone unpacked, and went off to the beach. Everyone except for me of course. I was too stunned about what Jess had did to Maya and I was seriously tired.

I laid down a white, soft, couch and grabbed a magazine that was placed on the table that was adjacent to me.

I got more into the magazine. And then I heard someone clear their throat.

It was Kane.

I put the magazine and put a smile on my face.

"Hey," I said cooly.

Kane and I never really talked during school. We talked somewhat when we were out with a group of friends but never really a one-on-one conversation.

"What's up?" He says as he throws himself on a chair. He rubbed his eyes and sighed. "Everyone left?"

"Yep." I say playing with my finger nails. I really didn't know what else to do.

"Why didn't you go with the rest of them?"

"Im a little exhausted from the drive over here, plus, I wasn't really feeling the whole let's get crazy attitude right now."

"Are you ever though?"

I look over at him. "Excuse me?"

He smiles and rubs the back of his head. "I mean you don't do anything but do your homework or just sit there silently."

"I do not." I say, folding my arms in front of my chest like a child, "well I can ask you the same thing."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean why aren't you out there with them? I did drive you over here."

"Oh, well for one, I am extremely tired because last night I stayed out pretty late with my other friends."

"Ah, you have to keep the party going don't you?"

"I didn't see you at the graduation party, I mean why would you miss something like that?"

"Because– you know there's more to life besides parties you know– and plus I had to hang out with my parents." I sigh.

And so that night, Kane and I went down to the beach since it was lonely and quiet between the both of us.

It was weird. I've spoken to Kane many of times, like hi and bye, or even just to acknowledge that he was there around the group, we hung out with each other at lunch with everyone else and all, but we never had a one-on-one time with each other.

I never was really Kane's friend, instead I was like a person who just hung out with his friends.

But what got me most was I think he was flirting with me. However, I totally ignored it because he was that kind of guy to make you feel special for a while and then the next day act like nothing had happened, and I wasn't in the mood to feel that way. Even if it really didn't mean anything.

The group greeted us, and Jess raised her eyebrows and smirked a little as if she thought something was going on. I shook my head at her, but that didn't change her mind at all.

"We were actually just about to go in," Zac said.

My face fell. "Oh,"

Kane puts his hand on my back, signaling me that he's leaving, and he's off.

"Shut up, Zac." Danielle giggled as she playfully hit his chest. "He's kidding."

"Oh," I breathed out a fake laugh. I placed myself down with Jess in the cold, brown, sand and immediately she interrogated me with all these questions about if Kane was good at sex.

I gasped when she said this, but she still went on and on.

"Jess," I said trying my best to stop her.

"–Like you know? Yes?"

"I didn't do anything with Kane. I just didn't feel like coming down here and he insisted so, we just walked together."

"This time. I heard all about it." She winked. "All right, well can I tell you something?"

"Sure," I sigh.

"I think Michael and I going to hook up tonight!" She says cheerfully.

"You don't even like him." I say.

It came out harsh yes, but Michael is someone who does not let go. I mean he's fun, down to earth, but he won't leave your side for a quick minute.

Only reason I know that is because I one time kissed Michael and he thought I loved him. I only kissed him because it was in the moment, and it was a school dance where we were at. Can you blame me?

"I just want to see how he is. You know, like if he's good or bad?"

"Is that all you care about?" I scoffed.

"It's been a while." She rolls her eyes.

"He's nice, Jess. Don't do something like that to him."

"Oh come on, Reg. He's basically begging for it. He gave me the 'look' today when I was coming out of my room."

I ignore her remark.

Michael comes over to our little spot, and plants himself down in the sand. I pat Jess's shoulder and them alone.

I walk and realize that I didn't see Kane, and I kind of hoped he had been here. No, I wasn't attached I just felt like a loner.

The sun had set, the sky filled with all sorts of beautiful colors. The waves crashed harder and harder, and the white moon was a little more visible.

I just sat there down in the sand doing nothing but looking at the waves sway.

Time passed quickly. I looked down at my watch and looked that it was already eleven ten.

I walked over to Zac and Danielle and waited for their conversation to end to speak.

"Hey guys, it's getting pretty dark out we should head inside?"

"Yeah sure, we'll get packed up." Danielle says.

"Cool," I say. I then realize that I haven't seen Maya or Paul. "Have you guys seen Maya or Paul, or even Kane?"

"Not since they left around like three hours ago," Danielle informs. "They didn't say where it is they were going, but they should be back."

"I just don't want them thinking we left them you know?"

"I'm sure their fine, Momma Regina."

"Right." I say.

I help them put away all the food and blankets that were spread out and pack quickly.

We all inside the warm cozy house and I made my way into my room. I knew for fact I wasn't going to be comfortable sleeping next to Jess simply because I was never that really close to her. I mean it was weird that she talked to me about having sex with Michael. You'd think that she would change or something, but it feels that that is her number one priority. To have sex with everyone.

I grabbed all my clothes and belongings before anyone else can come into the room and quickly switched to the other. Before I'm able to bring out all my clothes just relax for a bit the door swings wide open and behind is revealed Michael.

"I saw you coming in here. You switched rooms?" He says.

"Oh, hey. Yeah."

"Why? You don't like the girls?"

"I like the girls, I just realized though, I don't know them that much."

"Yes, same here but with the guys." He sighs. "Anyway, they're playing games in the living room if you want to join."

"I'll be right there."