5

The sun's bright rays shine through the window, making me a little frustrated that I couldn't go back to my dream.

I yawn, letting the warm sheets fall off of my chest, exposing me to the hot temperature.

I look at my alarm clock that reads seven o'clock and decide to get out of bed.

Maybe I should go for a run.

I quietly go through one of the drawers and pull out my jogging pants and a sports bra, along with a fresh white t-shirt.

I creep so that I can't wake up anyone because we all seem to have a horrible day yesterday.

I enter the kitchen to get the first brewed coffee, but, I wasn't the first one. Kane was in the kitchen, pacing around, with a coffee mug in his hand.

"Morning," I said, sliding into the bar's chair. I try to hide my smile. Oh man, this is so awkward.

Kane looks shocked and his features went back to normal. "Morning,"

"So, I decided that I'm going to go for a run," I announce. "Would you like to join me?"

"Uh, sure. Let me get dressed."

"Cool beans." I smile.

Minutes later he walks out with basketball shorts and a white tee.

"Let's go."

We walk out as the bright sunshine shines down on us and we then begin to run.

I wanted to die from the heat.

We head down by the pier. Many people crowd the way, and others swim down by the beach.

Kane and I go off the pier and run down a sand hill. Kind of like the one Jess described when she had fallen last night.

A very dank smell lingers through the air and I stop jogging. Kane stops once he notices that he didn't hear me running, and walks back to me.

"What happened?"

"Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?"

"That really, really bad smell, like, blood or something."

"Blood?" Kane asks.

"Yeah, I don't know where it's coming from."

"Nor do I. Hey look lets back home, I'm kind of dying of heat." He says pulling his sweaty shirt off of him.

His sweat glistened in the sunlight and I pull my eyes away from his body and to the people up by the pier.

"Yeah, let's, uh, go."

We finally make it back home. I thank God a thousand times for giving me the strength to go on. I rush into my room and pull off my wet clothes.

"Oh, I didn't know I was staying for a show."

I yelp and look at Michael eating cereal, his legs crossed, and a smile plastered onto his face.

I wrap my shirt around my body and sit down to the bed.

"I'm kidding. I'll leave."

"Goodbye," I say closing the door behind him.

I grab my towel and wrap it around my body. I walk into the hall and bump into someone. That someone being Kane.

My towel falls down and I rush to pick it up.

"Nothing that I haven't seen before." He smirks.

For some reason I don't like the comment. It's just feels weird.

"Can you look away?" I say annoyingly.

"Uh, yeah," he says. His voice changes into a more serious tone.

"Sorry," I sigh.

"It's cool. I guess it'll be like old times."

After taking a hot shower and a change of clothes I head into the dinning room where everyone seemed to be.

"Finally," Michael says, with a smirk on his face.

I give him a stern look at sit next to Jess.

But something was weird. I didn't know what it was until I realize that Maya still wasn't here.

"She still isn't here?" I ask.

Everyone stops their conversation and turn their heads to me.

"She didn't come home?" Danielle asks.

"I didn't hear her," replied Zac.

"Which is why I said last night that we should file some reports. I knew she wasn't coming." said Jess.

I looked over at Jess. I looked down to her leg to see if it was okay but there was nothing there. Like if she almost didn't get hurt.

She moved her leg and I looked around acting as if I didn't see anything.

"Paul, since you last seen her, you and I go see if she's down by the pier," Danielle said, grabbing her car keys. "Babe, can you and Reg go see if she's near town?"

"Yeah of course," Zac said.

"Okay, Michael and I will walk around the beach and see if we see her." Jess says.

"Great, and Kane, you stay here in case she comes back."

"I'm on it." He replied.