8

I don't know how I ended up by the beach, but I was.

I looked down at my feet, blood was pouring out of the water. I ran away from the crimson waves and hit something hard.

"Paul?" I asked, when I saw who it was I bumped into.

"She's dead." He asked absent-mindless. He just started at the beautiful red waves.

"Who's dead?"

"I didn't mean to." He said, still staring.

I glared at him, trying to figure out who it was that was dead and why was he acting like this.

I walked backwards, walking away from Paul.

I hit something and stumbled backwards. That's when I seen a clear bloody body.

I screamed at the top of my lungs as I saw the dead body, but nothing came out.

I saw Zac up by the sandhill, staring down at the water, alone.

"Zac!" I tried calling for him, but he didn't answer.

Why couldn't he hear me?

I looked forward and saw Kane.

He had a hard look on his face, he pulled out a long dagger from behind his back.

"Don't..." I warned. "Please. Please don't."

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'm going to hurt him." Kane said.

"DONT!" I screamed.

"DON'T!"

"Reg? Reg are you okay? Hey, hey look at me? Reg?"

I woke up from my bizarre dream to see that everyone was staring at. "I'm...I'm okay."

I found myself on the living room couch, grasping for dear life on one of the plush white pillows. Beads of sweat ran down on my face. With one swipe of the back my hand onto my forehead, I removed the sweat. I sat up uncomfortably, since all eyes were on me.

"What happened?" Jess asks, putting down her magazine.

"Where's Paul and Kane? Have they come back?" I say, trying as best as I can to change the conversation.

I do not feel like explaining my dream.

"Kane is probably out with Paul," Danielle says, a look of worry is spread all over her face.

"Police?"

"Haven't showed up. But, I did see a police car pass by the house."

"So we're just going to stay here in my car and wait for Paul to show up?"

"No," Zac said. "God, what could they be doing?"

Suddenly all our questions were answered. Zac's car roared as it passed by the side of the home and into the back parking space. The engine sound quieted and we all stood there quietly.

The sound of the back door opened, and I jumped once it slammed closed.

Paul and Kane came together into the home. My heart raced when I saw Kane smiling up at me with his perfect set of teeth at me. It wasn't the time to do this.

I got up, asked Kane to give me my car keys and walked to my car.  I wasn't going to just give up now. I at least needed to see if she was around here somewhere just before we all left and never came back.