9

I was so tired once I reached home. Kane wouldn't let me go.  I smiled at the thought of him kissing me.

I turn off my car once it's parked into the garage. No one is here. Not even my mother or little sisters. But of course they weren't. My mother was always out with her girls, trying to forget that my father was a lying cheater, my father was out banging a nineteen year old girl, or whatever he age was, and the little girls were out with the nanny.

I hear my phone vibrate in my pocket but pay no attention to it. I lock the car door, close the garage door, and walk inside the house.

I turn on all of the lights with a switch of a button, and walk into the grand kitchen. I grab a water bottle from the fridge and close the door. I look at the front of the fridge and read a little yellow sticky note.

I will be back next week. I'll ring you once I come back home. Love, Mom.

I always wished my mother wouldn't do the things she did. I wish she just acted like a mother for once. I wish she could just talk to me instead of just ignoring me all the time. I also wish my father didn't act like such an asshole. He knew I knew about his little girlfriend. She was practically my age for heavens sake. It was totally disgusting.

I crumble up the paper with one hand and toss it in the trash can.

Maybe if things just once went my way, I could actually be sort of happy. Just if Maya had come back home and we could all be okay and maybe go back to the beach house and have a great time. I didn't understand one bit how she just left all of us like that.

My phone vibrates again.

I'm bothered now by the vibration so I look at my phone. I rub my eyes since my vision is slightly starting to get foggy.

I'm fine. Stop looking for me.

I jump back. I re-read the text and reply quickly.

Maya, what the hell! You better tell us where you were.

I wait for the response but I get none.

I call Zac, but of course he doesn't answer. I then call Michael, and he doesn't answer. I call Danielle and she doesn't answer either. I decided against calling Jess or Paul since they didn't really seem to help or care about the whereabouts of Maya, so, I called Kane. And of course he answered.

"Hey!" I chirp.

"Reg, it's late." He chuckles. "Is this a late night booty call?"

I roll my eyes. "See that right there is what I don't like. It's annoying."

"Alright, I'm sorry. What happened my love?"

My legs get all gushy and my cheeks turn bright red. Regina, get your head in the game! He is just a boy.

"Maya's back!" I shout.

"She's back?" His voice changes. "How so?"

"She texted me just now!"

"Oh?" He clears his throat. "That is good news. Are you home alone? Can I come over?"

"To? I literally just dropped you off."

"Give you a book."

"Kane..."

"I want to kiss you. I really want to kiss you." His voice changes.

"Kane! I just told you Maya's back..." I say.

"So let's celebrate."

My eyes widened. "Kane..."

"I'll be right over."

As promised, minutes later he comes over. He knocks on my door and he once he is inside he wraps his big arms around me. He pulls me close to him and pins me against the wall.

I kiss him and look up at him. He gives me the look and we rush upstairs.

I totally forget the fact that Maya is home once we are upstairs in my bedroom.

I am now pinned against the bed as he is lying on top of me. I can feel his warm body fall onto me. I feel hot and then I want to stop doing this.

I lightly push him off of me and he sighs.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just don't feel like doing this right now. I just feel like maybe we should calm down a bit? Plus I am not some kind of girl who is going to bang at any time of the night."

"Oh, no. I am sorry Regina I just thought-I'm sorry." He sighs. "Can I just sleep here for tonight? I promise I will not do anything like that again."

"Yeah, of course."