Proximity

Lena's alive. Lena is alive. The thought bounced around Camilla's mind like a mantra. After her check-up, she had to sign some papers and she was released. Her doctor told her where Lena was.

"Miss Luthor suffered severe trauma to her ears, left leg, and torso. For now, she is in a medically induced coma." Camilla stared daggers at her doctor, who raised her eyebrows.

"I know that you're her bodyguard, but being angry with me will not further your mission, miss Diaz." The remark reminded her of her position. Even though she usually had the upper hand, this was not one of those situations.

"I'm sorry. Please tell me where she is. In case of emergencies like these, I have control over what happens to her... Her family is a bit of a mess, as you probably know." She let her defensive body language slip. Her doctor sighed and tucked her hair behind her ear, revealing a name tag. Dr Martin.

"I'm well aware of miss Luthor's situation, yes. Look, she is in that bed over there. We did not want to keep you away from her since we expected you to react like.." dr. Martin took a moment and glanced at the curtain that was hiding Lena.

"Well, we expected you to react like this. We know about the fact that you are miss Luthor's in case of emergency contact and all that. However, first, you must be discharged. So just let me do my job and you can handle things afterwards." Camilla let doctor Martin do her job. She was discharged and instantly moved to Lena's side. Lena lay there, attached to many machines like Camilla had been when she first woke up. She spent three years by Lena's side, defending her from everything. But this was not something she could shoot bullets at. Camilla carefully moved her hands over the gauze covering Lena's ears. Fear flooded her body, adrenaline coursing through her veins as she kept her eyes focused. She had to see the wounds. All of them. She took a deep breath, stabilising her hands, then peeled back Lena's sheets.

Her entire torso was wrapped in bandages, which left Camilla with no clue about the severity of the injuries. She let her fingers trail over the white fabric for a few seconds. Then she moved on. Lena's left leg was covered in a cast, but the right one was fine. A sliver of relief allowed Camilla to let go of the adrenaline. She would find someone who could fix Lena. No matter what, she would find someone.

"Doctor?" Camilla was sure that dr. Martin was still in the room. Her FBI instincts never left her.

"Yes, miss Diaz?" She heard the doctor walk towards her but she did not take her eyes off Lena.

"I would like to have Lena transported to our private hospital wing in Luthor-corp. Can you help me do that?" A moment of silence.

"I will draw up the papers. In the meantime, you might want to put some clothes on." Dr Martin tapped Camilla's hospital gown, then left. Oh, right, Camilla thought.

"What happened?" Camilla set her jaw. It was the sixteenth time she heard that question since Lena's transport was successful. The unfortunate fact was that the only way to the private hospital wing was through the front entrance.

"That is above your clearance code, Dijkstra." She didn't stop walking, didn't turn her head to look the man in the eye.

"I will be sending out an email blast later. Until then, leave miss Luthor and me alone." She ignored all further questions and did not stop walking until they reached the med bay. After closing the doors, she turned to the communications panel on the wall left of the doors.

"Doctor Mendes and Mira Korvanskyja please report to the med bay." She released the "push to talk" button.

"Everyone else, return to your jobs." She added.

"Thanks for the help, you guys," Camilla spoke, turning to her friends. Signing the papers to get Lena transported was easy. Finding people she trusted to facilitate Lena's transport, not so much. Luthor corp was a large company, and Camilla did not trust every employee. Instead, Camilla called upon her old team.

"No worries," Magnus spoke. Irene nodded.

"We should get back to work now, though. But if you're ever in need of help-"

"Just call, yes I know. Thanks." Magnus and Irene walked toward the doors but Camilla shook her head.

"Take the side exit, it's the only way to avoid questions for now." She showed them the hidden door buried behind the medicine cabinets. Irene stared at her as it swung open.

"Okay, FBI missions may be cool, but that's awesome."

"Until next time!" And with that, Camilla watched her friends disappear.

Both Mira and doctor Mendes arrived, and Camilla let them both in.

"Someone shot a rocket at Lena's office. I can do many things but I can't stop a rocket," she held up her broken wrist for emphasis. Now, she is still alive. She is in a medically induced coma. Doctor Mendes, I called you here because you are the most trusted doctor in our biochemical field. I figured that it would be the closest to an actual doctor. Mira, you are vice-CEO." She held Mira's gaze.

"I need you to keep the company running. Do not do anything crazy, anything out of the ordinary is run by me first. And you are legally bound to do that, I checked."

"Wait, really?" Mira's voice portrayed pure curiosity.

"Yeah, I didn't understand it either. Well, at first. But I've been watching how Lena runs the company for three years now. She has barely been out of my sight. I know what works and what doesn't, even if I do not understand the products." Mira seemed to think that was a logical explanation. However, doctor Mendes brought an issue to her attention.

"I appreciate your trust in me, agent Diaz, but I am not a medical doctor. I speak with full honesty when I say you should call someone else. I know where to find good doctors if you need a reference." Camilla took a moment to think.

"Okay. I will call the best doctor you know. But you will work with them."

So Camilla called the head of the DEO. And the next morning, they had a doctor by Lena's side.

"So, why are they taking you off missions for now?" Kara asked, pouring Alex some coffee. Alex had stayed the night. After yesterday, neither one of them felt like being alone at night.

"There's a medical emergency and they need a good doctor. J'onn volunteered me for the job," Alex replied as she cut up some fruit for Kara. She never did stop taking care of her little sister.

"Okay, but who are 'they' and why do they need you specifically?"

"A company that we have worked with on a couple of projects. That's all I can tell you, I'm sorry Kara. They need me specifically because they asked." Alex placed the knife on her cutting board.

"Why are you so worried? In general, me getting out of the field is safer than me being in the field." Kara avoided her sister's eyes, focusing on her latte. Then Alex understood.

"You're going to miss me!"

"Okay, yes, fine! I like having you in the field with me." Kara finally looked Alex in the eye.

"But I am happy that you will be safe."

"You just stay safe too, okay?"

"Of course. I'm Supergirl."