Chapter 1

* Book dedicated to EmmaAnemone *

Jane Seymour sat on the end of her bed, reading. She loved to read, to immerse herself in a world far from her own. It dragged her out of the struggles in her own life, and placed her where no such struggles could have existed.

By struggles, she meant one person. Anne Boleyn.

Ever since their re-incarnation, Jane had felt different about Anne. Not like the way she saw Katherine Howard , as a daughter. Or the way she saw Catherine of Aragon, a best friend. It took her a while to realised she had a crush on Anne, but once she realised, the thought was constantly fresh in her mind.

Anne Boleyn felt the same about Jane. While she idolised her as a mother-figure, she thought of her in a different way; someone she wanted to be in a relationship with.

The others were all sat downstairs, in the lounge. While Jane, had keep very quiet about her feelings for Anne, Anne had not. Everyone, except Jane, knew Anne liked her.

"What's up with Jane? She's been upstairs for a while now,"' Anne questioned, moving her feet so she was practically kneeling.

"You're worried because you love her," Catherine Parr teased.

"Cathy! Not so loud, she might hear!"

"I doubt it," Catherine of Aragon begun, "She's reading, and you know how absorbed she gets in a book. Anyway, even if she liked you back, I wouldn't let her go out with something as barbaric as that," She pointed at Anne. This hit Anne hard. She could deal with the constant digs from Aragon about herself, but telling her who she can and can't love was a step too far.

"Catherine!" Anna of Cleves exclaimed as Anne's face fell. Her usually happy smile dropped to that of a kicked puppy while a tear or two escaped down from the corner of her eyes.

"No, Jane would never want to go out me anyways,"  Anne responded between sobs, before racing up stairs.

"I'll go," Cathy shot up and chased after her best friend.