Chapter 3

Cathy noticed Anne fall into a trance.

"Annie, what are you thinking?" Cathy pushed a strand of Anne's hair out of her watering eyes.

"Last year..." She began, but briefly interrupted by Cathy.

"No Anne. Do not go back there. You are worth so much more than that. Please tell me you're not thinking of doing it again, " Cathy said sternly, remembering the torment Anne went through with her mental health.

"But the only reason...I'm here...now, " She forced out between heavy breaths, "Is Jane, she... she saved me, "

"I know she did, " Cathy answered, unsure of what to say next, but knowing there was no-way she was leaving Anne alone. The thought of getting Jane to come back tossed around in her mind: maybe it would be good for Anne to be around someone she loves but, then again, it could send her spiraling back to her lowest.

"Do you think she loves me?" Anne asked with a hint of hopefulness in her voice. Cathy had never seen Anne so desperate before and it became obvious to her how much Anne longed to be loved.

"I'll be honest, I don't know. Jane is unpretentious and often keeps herself to herself," She paused and chose her next words very carefully. "The only person who might have a clue would be..."

"Aragon," They said simultaneously. Seeing Anne so distraught hurt Cathy because they had been through so much together. And, to Cathy, there was one thing way worse. One thing that made Cathy feel ten times more horrible about the situation; she didn't have any idea on how to help.