Chapter 18

Six months into their relationship, they had still kept it all underwraps. Neither queen had spent a single night apart from the other; Anne didn't go up until half one in the morning, meaning she was the last queen awake, and Jane got up at half four or five if she wanted a lie in, meaning she was the first queen up. So keeping that hidden was very easy.

As the sun rolled in through the window, early one morning, Jane gazed over at her girlfriend before pressing a gentle kiss on her cheek. "Morning, baba," She smiled softly before getting out of bed and standing at the window. Adorning a pair of shorts and a white cropped t-shirt, Jane pushed the window open, allowing a soft breeze to flood the room as she leant on the window sill.

She smiled as she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist.

"Morning gorgeous," Anne pecked her cheek and kept her arms around Jane.

"Good Morning, baby girl. What time did you come to bed last night?"

"Half eleven, I thought you'd be awake," Anne pouted, resting her chin on Jane's shoulder.

"So-"

Jane was interrupted by the door swinging open so Anne quickly released her while coming up with an excuse just as fast.

"Jane, I was ju- woah. Am I interrupting something?" Cath raised an eyebrow when her eyes set on the couple.

"No, no, we were just talking," Jane gave a flustered response.

"At half five in the morning?"

"Fine, Anne had a nightmare, I was comforting her," That was a very believable lie. Anne hated confessing to having a nightmare and only allowed Jane to comfort her; much the same way as Kat did.

"Oh Okay, Jane," Cath smiled, fully believing the untruth. "Um, just wondering what we were doing today,"

"Family Trip to London, over the Weekend," Jane smiled, slightly irritated Cath had forgot but brushed it off. She had spent a lot of time and money on organising that outing - well, it was kind of a celebration of her and Anne's six months anniversary, but a discrete one. 

"Oh, yeah, I forgot, sorry. I'll get packing," Cath said in a low voice as she shut the door and left.

"So, gorgeous, come her then," Anne whispered seductively.