Chapter 9

"Anne, you know you've got a doctors appointment today, don't you?" Jane called out from the kitchen, having obviously checked the calendar while she was there.

"Oh shh-" Anne muttered under her breath, completely forgetting she booked that appointment. "Yeah, I know!"

"Want me to drive you?" Jane peered round the corner.

"Jane, it's a check-up, not a flipping brain operation," Anne rolled her eyes. Jane always offered to take everyone anywhere, it's like she used the calendar as a 'sign up for Jane's taxi' list. "Thanks but I'll be fine,"

"If you're sure..."

"Yes, Jane, but, thanks I can get the bus," Anne wouldn't have minded a ride from Jane, but she didn't want to seem needy. Pushing herself up off the sofa, Anne began walking over to the stairs. "I'm going to get ready, you want a c-" She was about to say 'you want to come with me?' before realising that that was weird, and asked herself why the hell would Jane want to come with her to get ready? 

"Did you half ask if I wanted to come with you?" Anne heard Jane's giggle from the kitchen, her cheeks turning redder by the second. 

"Maybe," Anne shook her head, "Look, I'm tired, I was running on auto-pilot,"

"It's fine," Jane laughed, exiting the kitchen and walking towards Anne, "I'll come, I'll just leave when you get changed," She followed Anne up the stairs and upon entering her bedroom, she sat down on Anne's bed.

"This is comfy," Jane stated as she lay down with her arm stretched above her head. 

"Hum, yeah, why do you think I normally get up at 11 in the morning?" Anne scoffed, going through her wardrobe.

"Yeah," She answered smiling, with her eyes still shut.

"Okay Jane," Anne laughed, "Right, I'm going in the shower now, see you in a bit, " 

"Okay, Annie,"

Fifteen minutes later, Anne walked out of her on-suite wearing her dressing gown and towel drying her hair, to find Jane asleep in the exact same position she left her in.   

Throwing the towel from around her hair on the floor, Anne walked around her bed and sat behind Jane. 

"Hey Jane, "She whispered softly, she needed to make sure Jane was asleep before she said what she was going to say next. "I love you,"