Chapter 2

It wasn't until a week later that Lauren received a call off Camila. The sun was just setting and Lauren had just sent her assistant home for the day. She would most likely be here all night working on paperwork, there was no need for her to make everyone else stay with her. Her phone started vibrating on her desk, an unknown number on the screen.

"Hello," Lauren answered, her tone betraying her irritation at being disturbed from her work.

"Lauren?"

The bubbly voice coming through was unmistakable, and Lauren straightened up in her chair, clearing her throat slightly.

"Camila, hi," Lauren replied in a much warmer tone. A slow smile spread across her face as Camila's face popped into her mind.

"I know it's a bit last minute, but I was thinking about catching a movie if you'd like to come, it's okay if you're busy though, we can catch up another time."

Lauren smiled as she listened to Camila ramble, trying to butt in a few times but not being able to stop Camila from talking. Eventually, Camila trailed off, realizing she was talking too much.

"I'd love to see a movie with you, I'm just about to leave the office," Lauren said, closing down her laptop.

She wasn't, obviously, but she liked Camila. Lauren was a bit confused about that; how could she like a girl she'd only met once for a couple of hours? Yet, here she was, leaving work early for the first time in forever, feeling herself drawn to Camila just from the sound of her talking. It was like she was a siren, reeling Lauren in with her voice.

"Great, I'll meet you outside the cinema on thirty-third street," Camila's excited voice came through on the other end.

Lauren hung up the phone, smiling as she saved Camila's number to her phone. Collecting her bag and coat, she walked out of her office, calling her driver to bring the car around as she got in the elevator.

---

Lauren's driver opened her car door and helped her out. She spotted Camila standing outside, alternating between looking down at her phone and scanning the faces of the people walking past. As Lauren walked closer, Camila recognized her and a wide smiled broke out on her face.

"Lauren, hi!" she beamed, moving to meet Lauren halfway. She wrapped Lauren in a hug, pulling back as Lauren stiffened underneath her touch.

"Oh, sorry, I should've asked first," Camila apologized, realizing that she had overstepped Lauren's boundaries.

Lauren waved away Camila's apology, "no, no, it's fine, I just ... wasn't expecting that."

Under normal circumstances, Lauren would hate anyone touching her. Her demeanor was usually cold, her icy stare keeping people away and settling for handshakes. Camila's hug was different though, Lauren didn't realize how much she had craved the warmth of someone else's touch until Camila had wrapped her in a tight hug. It had taken her by surprise, and her natural instinct had been to close herself off. Now she wished she hadn't.

"So what movie did you want to see?" Lauren asked, trying to dispel the awkwardness of the situation.

Camila's expression brightened up immediately. "So the new Wolverine film, Logan, is out if you like superhero movies, or we can see something else if you don't."

"No, the Wolverine movie sounds great," Lauren told Camila, one corner of her mouth tugging up in a smile as she watched Camila's smile grow wider.