Chapter 65

*******

Quick note, there won't be a double update today. I had a terrible headache yesterday and I spent the whole day inhaling painkillers and crying. I don't have any chapters done and I kind of did this one quickly but I still have the headache and I can't concentrate for shit so if there are mistakes, sorry. The only thing that made me smile yesterday was all of the comments saying 'I love you'. So thanks for the love, all of the comments and votes. Love you guys too and enjoy this one 🥰😘

*******

Lauren was torn from sleep by a loud scream. She bolted upright, instantly alert as she quickly turned her attention to Camila, who was thrashing around as she screamed. Reaching out to touch her, she stopped at the sound of her mother's voice.

"No, don't touch her," Clara warned Lauren, who pulled her hand back. "Get out of bed as slowly as you can." Lauren obeyed, watching Camila with wide eyes as she slipped off the bed and went to Sofi's side, who had also been woken by Camila's screams. They silently watched as Clara stood next to the bed, staring down at Camila with a slight frown.

"Camila, can you hear me?" Clara gently asked. "It's Clara. You're safe. You're just dreaming, you're not there. It's not real. Shh, you're safe, you're home." Lauren felt a lump rise in her throat as she watched Camila calm down at Clara's soothing tone, and her yelling turned into unintelligible murmurs. Slowly, she opened her eyes, and Lauren moved back to her bedside, looking down at her with fear and concern.

"Camila," she murmured, and those brown eyes met her own. A frown graced Camila's face, forming a crease between her eyebrows as she stared up at Lauren.

"I thought I'd dreamt you," Camila whispered, letting out a breathless sob as she reached out for Lauren. Lauren sat down on the edge of the bed, cupping Camila's face between her hands as she looked at Camila through her tears.

"I'm here. You're safe," Lauren assured her.

"Safe," Camila mumbled, furrowing her brow slightly. "Right. It was just a nightmare."

"I'll give you a moment," Clara mumbled, turning around and walking out of the room. Camila frowned at the door as it shut behind Clara.

"Your mom's here?" she said, giving Lauren a questioning look, and Lauren realized she'd been asleep when Clara had finally come into the room yesterday.

"She got us all here," Sofi explained. "Threatened to buy the whole airport and fire the staff if they didn't get her jet ready so her darling daughter could be reunited with her long lost love. It was kind of badass."

"Really?" Camila asked, her eyebrows shooting up, and Lauren gave her a small shrug as she smiled.

"If she didn't, I would've," Lauren said, running a thumb along Camila's cheekbone. A part of her just needed to touch Camila to know that she was actually here, that yesterday hadn't been a dream, and she was actually safe. "I love you."

"I love you too," Camila croaked. She looked exhausted, and the dark rings under her eyes weren't just from a restless sleep, and Lauren frowned slightly.

"You should sleep some more," she told Camila. "Do you need more pain meds? I can get my mom to talk to the doctors. It'll help you sleep better."

Camila shook her head, making a sound of protest. "I-I don't want to sleep. I can't-, I-I can't bear to see their faces. I just-"

"Okay, it's okay, you don't have to," Sofi reassured her, giving Camila's hands a gentle squeeze. "Just ... take your time okay? I love you, so please don't overexert yourself. You've, ... well, I mean, I can't imagine, but you've had a rough two weeks. So please, just keep rest."