Chapter 14

*******

So, I lost this story and all of my drafts for like two days and I was really freaking out. I have all of them now so chapters will be posted every day. Enjoy :)

*******

Lauren frowned down at the unknown number on her screen. Wondering who was calling her, and if she'd end up getting roped into another meeting, Lauren answered with a sigh.

"This is Lauren Jauregui," she answered, leaning back in her chair.

"Sup weirdo," the voice on the other end came through, "do you always answer the phone like that?"

"Excuse me?" Lauren spluttered, pulling the phone away from her ear and frowning down at it. She considered hanging up, but her thumb hesitated over the red button, and she decided to find out who it was.

"Relax, Jauregui, it's Maggie."

Lauren let out a quiet laugh, the voice clicking into place. Maggie. Of course, it was, who else would make fun of Lauren in such a way?

"Um, hi? Yes, I do when I don't know who's calling me," Lauren replied, answering Maggie's previous question, and feeling confused as to why Maggie was calling her.

"Okay, so, you know Zayn? And his girlfriend Gigi?" Maggie began, not waiting for Lauren to confirm or deny it. "So, they're in town for the weekend, but Camila doesn't know though. It's a surprise. Sofi and I were going to get everyone to meet at this bar we go to, tomorrow night, so we need you to get her there."

There was a pause and Lauren realized Maggie was waiting for Lauren to answer her.

"Oh! Um, sure, I can get her there," Lauren replied.

"Great! I'll text you the name of the bar and whatever," Maggie told her, "Bye Jauregui."

Lauren put her phone down on the counter, a bewildered smile crossing her face. She shook her head before turning her attention back to the finances she was reviewing.

---

The next day, Lauren made sure she left the office early so that she had plenty of time to get ready to meet everyone at the bar. She wasn't nervous about meeting Camila's friends, considering that she'd already met her sister, which was the most important. Except maybe Camila's mother, but Lauren didn't want to think about that.

Maggie had told her that it wasn't a nice bar so she should wear what she called 'normal people's clothes'. Lauren didn't understand what everyone meant when they told her to dress casually; she thought she had been. Any less casual and she may as well wear her pajamas to the bar. For this, Lauren had enlisted Ally's help and had sent her off in search of some 'casual' clothes for Lauren.

She got home and rifled through the bags that Ally had delivered to Lauren's apartment. They were all high-end designer labels, but Lauren noticed that there wasn't a single dress in sight. She pulled out one of the shirts, a pair of artfully ripped jeans, and a leather jacket. Even Maggie wouldn't be able to argue with a good leather jacket. Giving herself a once over in the mirror, Lauren was satisfied that she would be classed as 'casual'.

Camila knocked on the door shortly after, and Lauren let her in with a smile and a lingering kiss.

"Hi, how was work?" she asked, taking Camila by the hand and pulling her inside.

"You look nice. Work was good! We got a lot of work done today. We had a long training session though, I'm exhausted," Camila said, flopping down on the sofa with a groan. "I never want to wear tactical gear again."