Chapter 70

*******

I goofed a little yesterday when I said there are 9 chapters left😬There are actually 76 chapters, I don't know why the fuck I thought there are 78😅🙄

*******

Clara left after two weeks, deciding to stay a bit longer and help Lauren out with Camila. Sinu visited the first weekend they were home too, and Lauren was relieved, because at least with her family around her, Camila would show a little bit of interest to what was happening around her. She did make some effort to talk to Clara, but a lot of the time she just did exactly the same as she'd done at Sinu's house – laid on the sofa and stared off into space.

That's what they were currently doing, watching Tangled on the TV and drinking hot chocolate. It was starting to get dark outside, and Lauren was slightly nervous about her first night alone with Camila – if things got bad, there would be no one here to help her. There was only so much talking she could do to calm her down. Camila started singing along to one of the songs, and Lauren smiled, as she ran her fingers through her hair. Camila looked at her and there was a spark of something in her eyes as she started serenading Lauren. They both laughed and then Lauren joined in and for a second everything was fine, and then there was a loud knock on the door and they both trailed off.

"One second," Lauren said with annoyance, and Camila sat up so that Lauren could get up. Padding towards the door, Lauren frowned, wondering who it was. Unlocking the door, she was met by Maggie, who brushed past Lauren and stomped down the hallway. Lauren poked her head out and looked around for Sofi, her eyebrows raising in surprise when she realized that she was alone.

"Hey, where's your other half?" Lauren asked, shutting the door and trailing after Maggie.

"I don't know," Maggie huffed. "Why don't you fucking try Jacksonville or wherever else you two planned to run away to."

"What?" Lauren asked, knitting her eyebrows together, and Camila shot her a questioning look over the top of the sofa as Maggie sat down next to her and stole the blanket.

"Oh please," Maggie snorted. "Don't tell me you didn't know that she requested for a transfer."

"Well I was dead for two weeks, so no, I didn't," Camila shrugged, receiving an exasperated look off Lauren and Maggie. She smiled slightly, settling down on the pillows. "What am I missing here?"

"Um, well I was ... a mess, obviously, and well, I tried to run away but your sister stopped me. Then she, um, she said we could go, if I really wanted to, but I didn't think she actually did anything with that. I didn't know she applied for a transfer," Lauren sheepishly explained.

"You tried to run away?" Camila asked, her eyebrows shooting up. "Why?"

"Because I thought you were dead!" Lauren explained, gesturing helplessly. "I didn't want to stay, I didn't want to run a business, I was just ... I wanted to go somewhere that you couldn't follow me."

"And apparently your sister fucking listened, because she applied for a transfer without even fucking telling me! And now this is the first time I'm hearing of this and I'm apparently overreacting because she decided not to tell me and I got mad. Like did I misunderstand her when she proposed? Or does that not mean that we make decisions together?" Maggie ranted. Lauren silently went to make them all hot chocolate as she listened to Maggie rant. Camila was also listening with interest, and Lauren was a bit wary about whether she should be worrying herself with her sister's relationship.

Carefully balancing the three mugs, Lauren carried them down to the coffee table and handed them off to Camila and Maggie, before sitting back down with her own mug. Camila shifted so that she was propped up against Lauren.