Chapter 7

After the disaster of Lauren's dinner, the next time they had dinner together they went to a small bistro that Camila swore was to die for. They stayed late, enjoying each other's company and a few glasses of wine.

  And the time after that, Camila showed up at Jauregui Corp with a pizza when Lauren said she would be at the office all night. Lauren didn't end up getting much work done, and the spreadsheets and reports were abandoned on her desk.

            On Saturday it was time for the baseball game that Camila had insisted on getting tickets for. Having never watched a game of baseball, Lauren wasn't overly excited about the match, but she did some quick research the night before so she could at least follow the game. Mostly she was just excited to spend some more time with Camila.

            Lauren insisted on letting her driver take them to the game, and she pulled up outside Sofi's apartment right on time. Camila was waiting outside again, leaning against the brick wall of the front of the building. At the familiar sight of Lauren's car, she pushed off and hurried over to the car, sliding in beside Lauren.

            "Hi!" she smiled widely, already excited for the game. Lauren wondered if she was excited for the baseball part of whether she was excited to be going with her. She was secretly hoping that Camila wanted to spend as much time with her as she did with Camila.

            "Good morning," Lauren greeted, "someone's excited." She eyed Camila's outfit; a white baseball shirt with the team name on it in navy, a matching navy cap, and ripped jeans.

            "Come on, it's going to be fun! You need to get in the mood," Camila told her, picking up the plastic bag she had brought with her.

            "Which is why I brought you this!" Camila exclaimed, smiling widely as she pulled out an outfit exactly like her own.

            "I stole my sister's and I thought you could wear mine," she smiled at Lauren, "so we can match!"

            Lauren raised her eyebrows slightly, accepting the clothes. "Well I wouldn't want to look ridiculous now, would I?" Lauren smirked, eyeing the clothes warily. The hopeful expression on Camila's face was enough to make her unbuckle her seatbelt and reach for the buttons on her shirt.

Camila blinked in surprise and quickly turned to look out the window. She made a point of intensely staring at something outside, and Lauren smiled as she noticed that Camila's face was flushed as she tried to pretend that Lauren wasn't taking her clothes off right next to her.

            She quickly changed into the baseball shirt and a pair of Camila's jeans, rolling the cuffs up so they fit her better. Putting the cap on, she nudged Camila. "So, how do I look?" she smirked.

            "Uh, yeah I-, you look, um, it suits you," Camila stammered, her cheeks turning redder. She cleared her throat as she stared down at her lap, fiddling with her hands in her lap and avoiding Lauren's gaze.

            Lauren bit her lip as she tried not to smile, but she couldn't help but laugh at Camila's awkwardness. Camila looked up, giving Lauren an embarrassed smile as she shrugged.

            "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," Lauren apologized.

            "Oh no, it's fine, I've seen everything in the army," Camila said, waving away Lauren's apologies, "I was, um, I just didn't want to ... stare."

            Lauren laughed, raising an eyebrow at Camila, "well that's something I've never heard before."

Camila laughed, shaking her head as she blushed.