Chapter 25

"What the fuck?"

The started yell woke Lauren up, and she shot up in bed, clutching the blankets to her chest. Sofi stirred next to her, slowly waking up, and on the other side, Maggie was staring at Lauren with confusion.

"Morning," Sofi mumbled, propping herself up and kissing Maggie good morning.

"Well it's definitely an unusual morning," Maggie spluttered. "I mean, I wasn't expecting to wake up spooning my girlfriend's sister's girlfriend."

"Sorry," Lauren mumbled, rubbing at her tired eyes. "My crying was keeping Sofi awake."

"Good thing I don't sleep naked," Maggie laughed, pulling back the covers and getting out of bed. "That would've been awkward for everyone."

Lauren rolled her eyes and got out of the other side of the bed, waiting for Sofi to roll out so she could make the bed. The other two girls walked into the kitchen and Lauren listened to them pottering about, talking as they set about making breakfast. Lauren neatly arranged the pillows before slipping out of Sofi's room and walking down the hallway.

"Coffee?" Maggie asked, holding up the pot and raising her eyebrows.

"Um, sure," Lauren replied, walking over to the kitchen and accepting a cup off Maggie. Sofi was busy making eggs, and she looked over her shoulder at Lauren.

"Do you want cereal? Toast? Eggs on toast?" Sofi asked her, raising her eyebrows in question.

"I'm fine, thank you. I, uh, should get going, I need to go into the office," Lauren said, giving her a grateful smile.

"Christ, Jauregui, give yourself a day at least before you throw yourself back into it," Maggie told her exasperatedly.

"I have a board meeting tomorrow that I need to prepare for," Lauren shrugged.

"At least have some breakfast before you go," Sofi told her, handing Maggie a plate of toast. Maggie sat down at the table to eat her breakfast, and Lauren followed her over with her coffee.

"I'll even share my granola with you, but only this once, so I'd take me up on it if I were you," Maggie told her with a grin. Lauren rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Fine, I'll stay for breakfast," Lauren said, giving in to their fussing. She left her cup on the table and walked into the kitchen to grab something.

"What do you want?" Sofi asked her, sliding her own scrambled eggs onto some fresh toast. "Do you want me to make you eggs?"

"It's fine, I can make my own. Go and eat yours before it gets cold," Lauren told her, putting down two slices of bread in the toaster. She made herself some eggs and carried it over to the table. The three of them chatted as they ate, and things almost felt like every other morning, except for the empty space that Camila usually occupied.

Lauren washed their dirty dishes whilst Sofi and Maggie got ready for work, trying to keep herself occupied. Doing the dishes wasn't the best idea though, because it kept her hands busy but her mind free, and all she could think of was how Camila would usually be sneaking up behind her, planting kisses on Lauren's neck as she tried to distract her.

She was stood next to the kitchen counter, dressed in yesterday's clothes and holding the photo album and letter carefully. Maggie and Sofi reappeared, both halfway through getting ready for work. Lauren cleared her throat softly, looking at them both as Maggie tucked her shirt in and attached her badge and Sofi sat down at the table to pull on her boots.