Notes for safety

(I have good news and bad news. Good news is that, because of how everything's been lately, I'm actually looking forward to next week. Now for the bad news. This book is coming to an end. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, there could potentially be a second one. I haven't decided yet. If you guys want a second one, let me know. I actually enjoyed making this book.)

(Nina's POV)

I watched as Neil stepped forward. He looked around the room, making sure that we were all paying attention.
"You all probably know about the situation going on with him. Well, he's on the move, and I can bet he's looking for those two."
Neil motioned towards Lazari and Mikayla, who looked at one another before turning back towards Neil.
"But, just recently, I came across a familiar face. Catherine!"
We all turned our heads towards the doorway. I watched as Cat-Head entered the living room, folding her arms.
"Neil, don't call me 'Catherine'. I don't go by that any more."
"Fine. Did you find Roxy? We'll need the house for this."
"No need to look for her. She's on her way. Just remember to look up."
She then snickered, making her way towards the other side of the room.
"Dynamite, you and your brothers can explain on the other issue."
I watched as the three nodded, and as Neil stepped back to let Dynamite and his brothers talk.
"How do I put it, a being my brothers and I know by another name, but you all will call him Lucas, has somehow managed to return to the mainland, or as you all know it as, Earth. There hasn't been any sign of his older sister, yet. Connor, I know you have something to add."
I watch as Dynamite's older brother glared at Dynamite before turning his attention towards us.
"Yeah, you leave her to me. Once we have both siblings, Dynamite can send them back to their fortress. Sooner we get them back in their fortress, sooner I can get back to doing my job."
Dynamite's younger brother snickered, which caused Dynamite himself to snicker.
"Grow the fuck up you two. I already know what you both are thinking."
"Good, cause we were just about to-"
"The only reason why Connor's wanting to deal with Lucas's sister is because he-"
"SHUT UP!"
Shortly after Dynamite's older brother said that, the room fell silent.

It had been a few hours since the meeting. Along with the other residents, I sat in the dining room of the Splendor mansion. If this is true, then what can the rest of us do? We can't just hide forever. At one point we'll have to come out of hiding to do SOMETHING. Right?
I blinked a few times. I lost track of my thoughts after awhile, until J ran into the dining room, nearly falling over.
"Okay, can someone please explain to me as to why Jeff and Jane are stuck in separate trees?"
My head shot up. I grinned, remembering what I had done earlier that day.
"So, my plan worked?"
"What?"
"Whatever happens, don't touch the nets. I had them lined with Diane's webbing."
J and just about all the other residents looked at me.
"You needed my webbing to hold Jane and Jeff hostage?"
"What can I say, payback's a bitch."
I stood up and left the mansion, heading in the direction of where I had set up my plan.

"Be lucky I don't have my knife! Otherwise, I would have killed you!"
"Oh shut the fuck up Jane! Neither one of us have our knives!"
I stood next to a tree, laughing at what I had done. That caused Jeff and Jane's heads to turn towards where I stood.
"You two look like you're having fun. Like it?"
"Listen, Mary Sue, I don't want to hear it. Just get us down from here."
"YOU'RE asking ME to get you out of MY net trap? Thought I'd never hear that."
"You set this up? This looks more like Katline and Toby's work."
I laughed again. Walking over, I stood directly under both nets. I looked down, picking up both Jane and Jeff's knives.
"For the record, Jeff, those two helped. Along with Diane. I guess it does take a killer to outsmart a killer. Or two."
At this point I was laughing hysterically, not paying attention to what was going on nearby.
"Nina, maybe we should talk this over."
I looked to my right, seeing Sniper, along with a few others. EJ leaned over, saying something to Ben and Hoodie.
"And what are we gonna talk about? The fact that these two made my life a living Hell?"
I looked back at the nets, launching Jane's knife at Jane, watching as it stabbed her shoulder.
"Or the fact that everyone else did NOTHING?"
I then threw Jeff's knife at Jeff, grinning when it stabbed him in the side.
"No, about what happened. Look, I know how it feels to be treated like shit. People told me that I would've ended up like my mother. They told me things that weren't true, called me names that literally got them killed. But, I learned from a few others that what people say about you can be ignored. You just have to find people who don't care about who you really are as a person. So what if you looked like Jeff the asshole. So what if people call you a 'Mary Sue'. Honestly, just tell them to eat a pile of dog shit."
I looked back at Sniper, who just stood there.
"Please, just let them go. And I can promise you that they will be sorry for pissing you off."
It took me awhile, but I nodded slowly. I reached for my knife and cut the net Jane was in. I watched as she fell to the ground. I then made my way over to Jeff's net, but paused when I saw him fall to the ground.
"Figured you could use some help Nina."
I looked up, seeing a feline sitting in the tree. I knew it wasn't Grinny, since he usually lays around and doesn't do anything.
"The fuck?"
I watched as the feline jumped from the tree and bolt behind it. Shortly after, Neil walked into the open, leaning against the tree.
"You heard me. I figured you could use some help getting that asshole out of the tree."
"Where'd the cat go?"
"That's.....a LONG story."
Sniper shook her head. She then told EJ to patch up Jane's arm while she got Jeff off the ground.
"Now, just so I don't make your wounds any worse then they already are, I want to hear you both take back what you said."
Both Jane and Jeff looked at Sniper like as if she said that she was going to burn someone alive.
"Well?"
"I guess I'll start. The whole reason why I started calling you a Mary Sue was because I overheard someone calling you one. I don't normally apologize, so I guess I'm sorry."
Sniper narrowed her eyes at Jane, who quickly said that she didn't mean to have said "I guess". Sniper then looked over at Jeff, her eyes still narrowed. Jeff kicked the ground, like a child who had just gotten into a world of shit for something they did.
"Guess I should've left you alone about the whole damn thing. Didn't expect you to do something like holding Jane and I in nets."
That's when Sniper looked at a tree. I didn't know why I hadn't realized this sooner, but Sniper has never made eye contact with anyone.
"So, now that that's cleared up, let's all just get back to the mansions and deal with whatever bullshit tomorrow brings us."
We all nodded, heading in separate directions.