Chapter 7

Over the next week, I upped my flirting with Noel and he flirted back, but still never made a move. I was beginning to think he wasn't into me at all. One Friday night I was ordering some things on the computer in the back room and Noel came in looking for some papers. He found them and sat on the desk next to the computer and was writing on the papers. My eyes moved from the computer screen to him. I looked him up and down and noticed his feet didn't reach the floor. I smiled to myself and leaned back in my chair. He was so sexy and cute. I remembered what my sister had said about making the first move and decided to go for it.

"Can I ask you something?" I said.

"Hmm." he kept his eyes on the papers in his hands.

"Do you like me?"

"Course I do." he answered without looking up.

I decided to push it more.

"No, I mean like me like me."

I stood up and took a few steps so I was standing right in front of him.

He stopped writing and looked up at me.

"Because I really like you." I said quietly and rested my hands on his thighs. He set the papers on the desk and looked at me. He tilted his head up slightly and squinted his eyes. We stared at each other for a second then he stood up and took a step leaving our faces inches apart. We looked into each other's eyes, our lips almost touching.

"You like me." he said quietly. 

"I like you." I said so softly it was almost a whisper.

He pressed his lips against mine. We kissed then he pulled back to look at my face. I gave him a slight smile then his lips were on mine again. He wrapped his arms around my body and I wrapped mine around his. Our tongues tangled, and I felt my whole body start to tingle. My phone rang, but we continued kissing until it stopped ringing. We finally pulled apart and I grabbed my phone as it rang again. I saw it was my mom calling.

"My mom's outside, I gotta go."

I hesitated and did not want to leave, but I had to.

"See you Monday." he said quietly.

"Bye." I gave him a smile and turned to walk out the back room door, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me into him again. He kissed me, pushing me up against the wall. My heart raced. He was such a great kisser. My phone rang again and I groaned.

He stepped back and flashed me a smile.

"I have to go." I grabbed my coat and walked up to the front of the shop.

I got in my mom's car and sighed.

"What took you so long?"

"Sorry."

"What were you doing, you look frazzled."

"Oh, I just had to vacuum real fast." I lied.

I don't think I heard a word she said on the ride home, I kept replaying the kiss in my head. We got home and I said goodnight and went straight to my room and climbed into my bed. I closed my eyes and thought about Noel. Then I texted my sister.

"We kissed!"

A few minutes later she replied.

"Omg!  Aww, how was it?"

"Amazing!" I texted back.

"I'm happy for you."

"Thanks."

My mom kept looking at me funny all weekend and finally, Sunday after dinner she asked me if I was ok.

"Yeah I'm fine, why?"