Chapter 9

Thanksgiving arrived and I was so nervous for my parents to meet Noel. I hoped they liked him because then it would be easier to eventually tell them about us. I got ready and waited by the door for Noel to arrive. A few minutes later, I heard a car pull up. I looked out the window and saw Noel get out of the cab. He looked so good. I took a deep breath and opened the door. He smiled when he saw me as he walked up to the door.

"Ello beautiful."

"Hi." I smiled. 

I wanted to kiss him, but didn't want to chance my parents seeing it. He was dressed in black with a brown jacket, and sunglasses.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Little nervous." He said as he took off his sunglasses.

"You'll be fine." I smiled at him and he gave me a small smile back. I heard my parents coming and turned as they walked over.

"Mom, dad, this is Noel."

"Hi, Noel, I'm Robert." my dad offered his hand and Noel shook it. 

"Hi nice to meet you." He smiled. 

"Hi, I'm Janet." my mom smiled. 

"Ello Janet, nice to meet you."

"Are we ready to go?" My dad asked. 

"Yes." I said. 

We got into the car. My dad was driving and my mom was in the passenger seat. I sat behind my mom and Noel behind my dad. My mom and dad talked to each other and Noel looked out the window. He seemed really nervous. I reached over and put my pinky finger on his. He looked over at me and smiled and I made a funny face. He chuckled then I started laughing and couldn't stop. 

"Are you ok back there?" My dad asked. 

"Yeah, just thought of something funny."

I looked at Noel and he smiled and shook his head. 

"Does she act like this at work?" My mom looked back and asked Noel. 

"Only sometimes." He joked and made my mom laugh. 

We got to my grandma's house and went inside. Everyone greeted us and I introduced Noel to everyone. They all loved his accent. We sat on the couch with my dad and my uncle Stan. Stan was asking Noel a million questions. 

"Where'd you get that accent from?"

"Manchester."

"Manchester? Is that in England?"

"Yeah it is."

"Ok, so what do you do Noel?"

"I'm a musician and I own a record shop in Chicago."

"A musician huh? Are you any good?"

Noel chuckled, "I'm alright, yeah."

"How long have you been dating my niece?"