Chapter 26

I moved all of my things to Noel's house the next weekend. Me and Noel were doing great. We loved each other and loved living together. My parents finally accepted him and everything in my life was going great. Our trip to London was fast approaching. I had requested time off work to go and thought it was all taken care of until my boss called me into her office one Friday, right before I was about to leave for the day. 

"Hi." I said as I walked over to her desk and sat down in a chair next to it.

"Hi Claire. So I just saw that you wanted to take three weeks off?"

"Yeah. I'm going to London with my boyfriend."

"For three weeks?"

"Yeah. Nicole said that would be no problem."

"Well you should have checked with me. That's an excessive amount of time to be off. Especially since you took off a whole week a couple months ago."

"Well my boyfriend is playing some concerts, he's a musician and he's from England so..."

She cut me off.

"That's nice, but I can't give you three weeks off. The best I can do is one."

I sat there in disbelief. I didn't know what to say.

"Just let me know which week you want off, ok?" She smiled 

I forced myself to smile.

"Ok." I said quietly and left her office. 

I went back to my desk, grabbed my purse and keys, and walked to my car. What was I going to tell Noel? We had been looking forward to this trip so much. I got to the house and went inside. I found Noel in the spare room strumming his guitar. He smiled as he saw me walk into the room. He set his guitar down and I sat next to him on the couch. He must have seen I was upset.

"What's wrong?"

"My boss said I can't take three weeks off, only one."

"What?"

"That's what she just told me."

"Fuckin' 'ell, why didn't she say something sooner? We leave in two weeks."

"I don't know. What are we going to do?"

"Fuck it, let's go."

"I'll probably get fired."

"So. You don't need that job. I can take care of you."

"But what would I do all day?"

"I dunno. If you want to work you can look for a new job when we get back."

"I do kind of hate my boss."

"Fuck her." He grinned.

I grinned back.

"Ok. I'm going to quit my job."

"Ok." 

"I can't wait to go to England and see where you are from."

"I was thinking of taking you to meet me mam when we are in Manchester."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I've met your parents. I want you to meet mine."

"Ok. But now I'm really nervous."

"Don't be. She'll love you." He winked at me.

Monday, I called my boss and told her I quit. She wasn't too happy about it, but I didn't care. The days flew by and before I knew it, me and Noel were on an airplane flying to London. We landed and got our luggage and took a cab to Noel's house in Maida Vale. We stepped inside and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a beautiful house.