Chapter 31

Two months passed and Donovan was growing fast. He was a very happy baby and me and Noel adored him. Having him had filled a part of me that had been missing and I felt a peace within myself that I hadn't felt in years. I would never forget the unborn child I had never met, but having Donovan to focus on eased that pain somewhat.

Noel had talked me into going out to dinner, but I was nervous because I had never been away from Donovan. I was also nervous because I was sure Noel was going to expect sex tonight. He had even talked me into letting Donovan stay over night at my parent's house. The doctor had cleared me to return to sexual activity, but I hadn't really felt like it. I was tired from night feedings and I felt like I hadn't gotten back to my pre pregnancy body 100 percent yet. I was feeling a little self conscious about it. Noel was being very understanding and patient, but he had made some comments that suggested he was very ready to get back at it. I sat on my bed thinking then began to get ready. I put some makeup on and pulled on a black dress. It felt a little snug, but still zipped so I was relieved. I gave myself one last look in the mirror then walked out the bedroom and went downstairs. Noel was sitting on the couch with Donovan in his lap. He saw me walking down the stairs and stood up.

"There she is. Look, you have the most beautiful mum." He said to Donovan, who smiled at me as I walked over to them.

"You look beautiful." Noel said.

I looked him over. He was wearing a suit jacket over a white button up shirt with no tie and he looked very handsome.

"You're looking very nice yourself." I smiled.

We kissed then I kissed Donovan's head.

"Are you ready to go see Grandma?" I smiled at him and he grinned back.

We dropped him off at my parent's house then went to a fancy restaurant downtown. We sat at our table eating and talking.

"I didn't really feel like going out tonight, but I'm glad I did. It feels nice." I smiled.

"I'm glad you did too." He smiled.

We finished eating then drove home. At least I thought we were going home, but Noel turned instead of going straight.

"Where are we going?" I looked at him, confused.

"It's a surprise." He winked at me and grinned.

A few minutes later, we pulled up in front of Ruby's. Or at least what used to be Ruby's. It was now an empty building. He parked the car and looked at me.

"What are we doing here?"

"Thought it would be fun to reminisce. Come on."

He got out of the car and I followed. We walked up to the door and he pulled a key out of his pocket.

"Where did you get that?"

He shrugged and grinned at me then opened the door. I stepped inside and looked around. It looked so much bigger with nothing in it.

"I spent so much time here. So many memories."

"I remember walking in here and seeing you for the first time." He said.

"I remember that day too." I looked at him.

"I thought you were so fuckin' beautiful."

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

He took my hand and lead me to the back of the store. He pushed the door to the back room open and we went inside.

"What is all this?" I looked around the empty room surprised. There were lit candles around the room and a blanket and some pillows on the floor. There was also a bottle of wine and two glasses. I turned to ask him when he had done all this and he was down on one knee. He pulled a ring out of his pocket and held it up. I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"I know I already asked you, but I never gave you the ring so let me do this right."

I wiped my eyes.

"Claire. You are an amazing woman. You're an amazing mum to Donovan. I'd be lost without you. Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I smiled and more tears rolled down my cheek.

He pushed the ring onto my finger then stood up. He wiped the tears from my cheek and looked into my eyes.

"I love you. I'll do my best to make you happy."

"I love you too. And you've already made me happy."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. We kissed then stood there hugging for a minute then he pulled back.

"D'ya want some wine?"

"Sure."

We sat and he poured us both some wine and we raised our glasses.

"To us." He said.

"To us." I smiled and we both took a sip.

"I can't believe you did all this." I looked around at the candles then at him.

He just grinned and took another sip of wine.

"So now what?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Now, I think we have sex."

"You think?" I smiled.

He nodded and I crawled over to him and kissed him. He set his glass down and reached behind me and unzipped my dress. I pulled back and our eyes met. We grinned and both undressed then laid on the blanket making out. We were both extremely turned on after awhile and he rolled on top of me and looked into my eyes.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, but go slow. I just had a baby and I'm a little scared."

"Ok." He kissed me then pushed his cock inside slowly. He moved his body, slowly thrusting in and out. I thought it would hurt, but it didn't. It felt amazing and I relaxed a little and started moving with him. He started moving faster and so did I. We both moaned as we continued moving until we eventually climaxed together. We looked at each other, out of breath, and smiled then he rolled off of me and we laid in each other's arms. I felt truly happy and couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with him and our son.

The End

*Song Inspiration