Chapter 13

A couple days later, I walked to Noel's house after class. I passed the shop and stopped to look in the window. It was completely empty. I wondered when Noel had moved all the stuff out and where he had put it all. I felt slighty sad that Ruby's didn't exist anymore. I had worked there a long time. I continued to Noel's house and walked up to the door. I knocked and he answered a minute later.

"Hi" he smiled as I walked inside.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"I should get you a key made."

"Ok." I smiled and looked around the house. "Looks great."

We sat on the couch and talked.
"So have you told your parents that Ruby's closed?"

"Nope, they think I'm working right now."

"How are you gonna get home?"

"I guess I'll walk to the shop and have my mom pick me up like usual."

"You're not walking alone at night."

"Then you'll come with me. Oh and I'm supposed to invite you to Christmas at our house."

"I fuckin hate Christmas."

"Oh come on Mr. Grinch." I teased.

He gave me a look then said,

"Ok, I'll come."

"Good. I must warn you that my mom will probably try to set you up again so.."
He laughed.
"I think I'll be ok."
I looked at him and smiled then crawled over to him on the couch.
"How bout we go upstairs?"
I kissed his lips and looked at him.
"We don't have to go upstairs." he kissed me. We made out and each of us gradually lost articles of clothing until we were both naked on the couch. We had sex right there on the couch then laid in each other's arms. Noel pulled the blanket that was draped over the back of the couch down over us. I pulled it up to my neck and snuggled into him closely.
"You know, if you lived here we could do this anytime we wanted."

He looked at me and I looked up at him.
"Ok, I'll do it. But not until after Christmas. That will give me time to work up the courage to tell my parents about us."
"Ok."
We laid there talking until I had to go. We got dressed then put our shoes and coats on to walk to the shop. We got there and a few minutes later, my mom pulled up. I looked at Noel.
"See you tomorrow."
"Bye."
I got in the car and my mom yelled out the door to Noel, "Hi Noel, how are you?"
"Good." he yelled back and smiled.
"Why was he waiting outside in the cold with you?" She asked me as she drove away.
"He was smoking a cigarette." I lied.
"He should really quit."
"I know." I gave her a slight smile then looked out the window.
The next couple weeks we did the same thing. I would walk to Noel's house after class and we would hangout all night then we would walk to the shop so my mom could pick me up and not know I wasn't working anymore. Thankfully it was dark and she couldn't see that the shop was empty.

Christmas morning, I woke up to the smell of turkey and pie and a lot of other delicious foods my mom made every year for Christmas. Me and my dad had picked up my sister from the airport last night and me and her had talked all night. I told her everything about me and Noel and how I wanted to move in with him. I was so excited that Noel would be coming over today. I smiled at the thought of him, then got out of bed and got ready for the day. I walked into the kitchen and found my mom and sister making some cookies. 
"So how is Boston?" my mom asked Nora.
"It's good."
"Are you dating anyone yet?"
"No. I mean I've dated a couple guys, but nothing serious."
"Oh, that reminds me. I met the cutest guy yesterday at the store, Claire. He was a bank manager and he was your age." My mom looked at me.
"Uh, no thanks mom."
"I don't think that's her type." My sister smiled at me.
"And what is her type?" My mom asked.
"Oh I don't know, maybe someone that plays guitar. Someone who..."
I gave my sister a look that said "shut up" and she smirked back at me.
"Just stop." I laughed. "I don't have a type."
I gave her a dirty look and she smiled.