CHAPTER 12

AMIR

"Doctor how is she? I asked, as soon sabreen fainted, aunty called the family doctor.

"She is holding too much, and she is weak because she doesn't eat, don't let her be alone,if not she will go into depression, and if she becomes depressed you know what will happen next.i have injected to help her get some sleep I will prescribe some medicine that will help her gain some appetite and she will be fine inshallah;he said".

"Okay thank you I said shaking his hand.

"I will take my leave now call me if you need anything, he said and leave.

"Wallahi, mama I feel sorry for sabreen, but will she be fine??, Haifa asked.

"She will be fine inshallah,we just need to be by her side,mama said patting Haifa".

Please Allah keep her safe,I pray.

"Imran come with me,I said and he nodded.

"Imran, please I want you to watch sabreen for me while am away,I said to him.

"Okay bro,I will but her evil grandmother is in the police station,he said.

"Let her go, but she should never come near sabreen ever again,I ordered and he nodded then leave.

"Sabreen will have to give me her reply before I leave, the poor girl needs help; I said to myself.

We're both sitting in the sitting room,mama and aunt chatting about something, imran and Haifa arguing about god knows what.
Sabreen has been asleep since in the evening and now it's almost ten pm .
I was worried sick.

We all hear someone scream and we both stand up and looking at each other.

"Who is that? Haifa asked and my eyes widened in shock.

Sabreen!!!!! I said running upstairs with everyone following me.

We enter the room and saw sabreen shaking and saying something like am sorry, mama pushed pass me and starts trying to wake sabreen.

SABREEN

All I could see is darkness all around,I don't know where I am, then I saw someone like my mom.

"Amma is that you??? I called".

"Yes it's me sabreen".

"Amma I miss you I said and try to hug her but she stopped me.

"Sabreen, me and your abbu trusted you,we trusted you to look after your sister, she said.

"No Amma, that not true,it was an accident,I tried to protect nabila but I failed,I am very sorry please forgive me; I said sobbing.

"Sabreen we are so disappointed in you,I hear another voice.

"Abbu!! I called.

"Abbu am sorry I said crying, but they left.
I shout their names but they didn't answer.

No...No.please I wisper and someone started calling my name.

"Amma!!! I called.

Someone sprinkled water on me making me jerk up trying to catch my breath.i look at the person and didn't recognize her,I look around until my eyes fall on Amir!! I look at the woman beside me, it's was his mother, and then aunt,Haifa and imran were all in the room.

"What happened???I asked.

"You were screaming and was saying something like sorry and please; Haifa said making me realize all that was a dream.

I hug my legs,"my parents; they're disappointed with me, they said that they trusted me but I couldn't protect my only sister,I whisper.

"Sabreen it's just a dream, they will never say that to you; amir's mom said hugging me.

"it's OK we are here; aunty said looking at me.

I look at Amir who only smile at me, this family are so sweet,I then remember kaka threat.

"Thank you for everything, but please let me go,I don't want my issue to destroy your family, please I said looking at my legs.

"No don't ever say that sabreen, you are family now, forget about your grandmother, she will never come near you, okay? aunty said again holding my hand.

"But I don't... Shhhhh no but it going to be OK, it's just a test, Allah is just testing you, Amir's mom said smiling at me and I nodded.

"Hokkam diyarn miyara I said and all of them look at me like I've grow some horns.

"Yo bro what language is that?? Imran was the first to talk.

"Ya Allah, Yaya Amir don't tell me sabreen hit her head when she fainted, maybe we should called the doctor back; Haifa said looking worried.

"Sabreen what did you say?? Amir asked.

"I said give me water;I reply.

"No!!! not that, the other language you just spoke, something hokamm...... He said again.

"Ohhh!!! Hokkam diyarn miyara??? I asked.

"Yeah that he reply looking confused.

"Oh God, am so silly they don't know that language,why am I even speaking it.

It's Fulfulde, it's means give me water I reply, looking at all of them.

Ya Allah you can speak Fulani language?How come?? Haifa asked amused.

"Yes!! my mother was Fulani so I know how to speak it but a little because she doesn't speak it all the time".I said.

"Kai!!! stop disturbing her and go get what she asked for, amir's mom said and then turned to me; sabreen you should freshen up, and pray the prayer you missed , then you will eat and take your meds she said to me.

"How long have i been out???I ask no one in particular.

"Since after asr; Haifa said making my eyes go wide.
That too long I thought.

*****

I was on the prayer mat thinking about the dream, when Haifa came in with a big tray.
Sabreen you should eat she said keeping the tray in front of me.

No!! Haifa am not hungry;I said

"You have to eat, in order for the medicines to work,don't be a baby and eat sabreen; she said.

"No please take it away,I don't want to,I said.

"Ya Allah, wallahi you are so stubborn she said getting up,I will call someone then she said and went out.

I got up and walk to the window,I want to see the sky and the stars, after my parents died, whenever I feel I want to talk to them i will look for two Bright stars, then I will call them Amma and abbu. I hear the door open again but I didn't look I know Haifa is back she never gets angry.

"Haifa I told you to take the food away I don't want to eat,I am not hungry I said still looking at the sky.
When she didn't reply I turn but flinch at the person standing In front of me.

..........................................................................

Chappie love😚XOXO
Please vote comment and share 💙💚💛💜