CHAPTER 22

SABREEN

It's has been three month since we got married, and I can't say anything but ALHAMDULLILAH, Amir has been a loving and caring husband.
We went to Paris for our honeymoon one week after our wedding and when we returned Haifa was engaged to her boyfriend Muhsin and the wedding was going to be in four months time, I was very happy for her, mama treats me like her own daughter and aunty also said that I should start calling her ummah, because she's also my mother. So now I have two moms. ALHAMDULLILAH

"Hey babe!! what are you thinking of?? Amir asked.

"Nothing, when did you come back? I asked smiling.

"Just now,I called you twice but you didn't answer, he said sitting next to me.

"Oh sorry,how was work?

"It's fine, but I need to eat am really tired he said.

"Ok then, I will get the food ready, I said standing up, but Amir stopped me.

"wait first, I need to talk to you, Amir said sitting beside me.

"What is it? I ask.

"Um my mother's elder sister is back in the country, she was away when we got married,so she is coming here tomorrow, he said and I look at him.

"Really!! Then I will be waiting for her,um.... Is she the only one coming because I need to cook for her tomorrow,I asked.

"No I don't think so she will be coming with my cousin rahinah, he said.

OK,I will be waiting,I said smiling.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

I asked Amir when his aunt will be coming and he told me probably in the afternoon.

I cooked fried rice, coslow with pepper chicken, then for drink I made zobo,I also make some Samosa and meat pie.
After I was done I checked the time and it was around 2 so I set the table and head upstairs to shower.

I put on my navy green abaya and tie a simple turban with the veil, then I apply Kohl and a little lipgloss.
Immediately I was done,I put some turaran wuta around the house and wait for their arrival.
It was almost 2:30 and they are still not here so I call Amir to ask if they will be coming.

Me:"Salamualikum.

Amir: waalikumusalamu how are you?

Me:am doing fine,um... aunty is still not here and you said they will be coming around two.

Amir: really they still not there, okay don't worry I will call them.....He was saying when I heard the bell.

Me:no..No need to, i think they are here I will go check, bye.

Amir:OK bye love you he said and I smiled and reply back.

I quickly went downstairs and checked the door.

I open it to find a woman and a girl around my age, then Farhan.

"Sannu ku da zuwa (welcome) please come in,I said inviting them.

"Inna wuni I greeted the woman smiling but something was wrong with her facial expression when she replied and she was busy looking at the house.

"Show me the bathroom, she said in an ordering tone and I get up to show her.

What is wrong?Well maybe she is tired.i shake the thought away and smiled.

"Sannu, you must be rahinah, Amir told me alot about you,I lied smiling at the girl.

"Yeah, i am,and you are the newest amarya ko? I am very happy to see you, I was in school when you got married, she said smiling.

"Allah sarki!! Was the only thing I replied with smiling, I don't just get along with people I just met.

"Farhan when did you arrive?? shine ma ba baka zo ba(and you didn't come over)I asked smiling.

"Sorry amarya,I was busy that's why, but am here with my mom and little sis he said and I looked at aunty who is now out of the bathroom.

"Really!!! But Amir never told me you had a sister,I asked surprised.

"How did you cope with him?? I asked rahinah.

"What can I do he is my brother after all. she said rolling her eyes and I giggle looking at them.

"You should eat now I have already set the table. I said and they got up with Farhan saying he was hungry damah.

After they were done eating I cleared the table with rahinah's help.
But honestly, there is something wrong with the way their mother is looking at me and behaving.

We returned to the sitting room and sat .
Farhan started commenting how he liked my food blah blah and we were chatting and laughing until aunty joined us.

"Sabreen where does your family live? She asked and my mood instantly drop.

"I...Um...I don't have any, I mean I am an orphan I lost them in a car accident and I lost my only sister five years after their death I explained.

"Have you studied or not?
Yes I have,I am a graduate, I have my degree,I said and she looked at me surprised; but I thought you said you were an orphan then who sponsored your education? She asked.

Why is aunty asking me this kind of questions?

"I did, I sponsored myself as I started working after my parents died at a mall and the salary was enough i explained again.

"How did you and Amir meet? She asked again, what is wrong?? her questions are getting too much,I thought.

"We met by accident...I mean I was coming back from work and he hit me with his car, since then we became friends,i said.

"H... Mommy I think we should leave now it's getting late, she wanted to ask more questions but I think farhan noticed how her questions are making me uncomfortable.

Okay, she said and they got up to leave.

"Am sorry about my mom, Farhan said with apologizing look. .

"It's okay maybe she doesn't like me I guess,I said smiling.

"Well, bye then he said.

"Aunty sai ajuma, Allah ya huta gajiya(may Allah ease your tiredness)I said and I waved at them and got inside.

After I was done cleaning, Amir came back and I serve his food.

Farhans mom doesn't like me, I don't know why.

"hey babe, are you okay? Amir asked coming inside our bedroom.

"Yeah!! What did you see?I asked smiling like nothing is wrong but deep down I was worried.

"You looked disturbed, and you refused to eat.

"No nothing is wrong, and I am not hungry aunty forced me to eat with them,I lied.

"Okay then, looks like you two got along, she even asked me to bring you over before she leaves next week, he said smiling.

If only you know,I thought.

I changed the topic by asking him how work and his day went and we continued chatting and laughing.

.........................................................................

Hallo guys so how was the chap😶
Oh I forget to ask you is my story interesting 🙈🙉
Please
Vote,
Comment and
Share.

May God reward you all🙏🙏Xoxo 🤩