CHAPTER 14

SABREEN

A YES? Amir asked looking at me.

"I smiled and nodded as a reply looking at him.

"Ya allah I can't believe it, will you really marry me or am I dreaming?? He asked.
"Yes I will or do you need a punch to believe that you are not dreaming; i whisper.

Ehemmm!!! we all turn to see aunty, mama, Haifa standing and smiling at us.

"Mama, sabreen agreed, she agreed to marry me, Amir said looking happy.

"Ya allah,da gaske ne sabreen?(is it true) mama asked and I just looked at my feet smiling.

Masha Allah"congratulations Amir finally am going to see you get married; aunt said smiling.

Haifa hugged me, and congratulated me, she said that we will be real sisters now.

After the small celebration, they decided to leave.

Mama said everything will be finalized when they reach Abuja, they will have to talk to his father before they set our wedding date.

I didn't know how to react, should I be happy am getting married or sad that I have no one from my side to witness my marriage.

Ya Allah I can't believe Yaya is getting married and that to you Haifa said jumping up and down but when she noticed my reaction she stopped and sat beside me.

What's wrong sabreen? are you not happy? don't love my brother or what? Haifa threw questions at me.

"No, that's not it, I was just thinking about my family,no one is here to be happy for me,no one is here to witness me getting married, I don't even have a waliyi Haifa I said playing with my dress.

Hey sabreen don't worry, that's not a problem and I will be on your side,I know aunty will too she said patting me.

I was done praying Isha when Haifa came in and handed me her phone.

"What will I do with it?? I asked

"Someone wants to talk,I will be downstairs if you need anything, she said not waiting for me to asked.

Hello!!! I said

Hey!! How are you doing I hear Amir's voice.

"Am fine;how was the trip and where is mama??I asked.

"It fine, and mama is sleeping, she is tired because of the trip; he said.

Okay??It came out like a question.

After chatting for some minutes with Amir, he ended up the call saying I should get some sleep.

Finally you are done,ai na she zaku kawna Kuna waya ne( I thought you guys will be on phone over night) Haifa said coming into the room.

"No we didn't chat for that long,I just didn't bring the phone to you I said folding the prayer mat.

"What if my boo has called; she pout making me chuckle.

Wallahi she reminds me alot about nabila;I miss her .

I changed into PJs and recited my azkhar and "tried " getting some sleep.

💮💮💮💮💮

It has been weeks since I accepted to marry amir, he calls every now and then through Haifa's phone to check on me.

It was yesterday when he told me, that aunt's husband will be my walli, and he has paid for my bride price and our wedding date has been fixed it will be in one months time.

Sabreen aunty is calling you, Haifa said coming into the kitchen.

"Aunty am here;I announced my arrival.

"Yawa sabreen sit, she said and handed me an envelope.

"What is this aunty?? I asked.

"It's your bride price, keep it with you, you can use it when ever you like she said but I quickly return it.

"Aunt I can't take this please keep it with you;I said but she glared at me and asked me to take it and leave.

What is that?? Haifa asked as soon I enter our room.

"My bride price;I reply

"How much is it?? She asked.
I don't know I was saying but she took it ,opened the envelope and start counting the money.

"One hundred thousand naira for your bride price; she said

What?? No I can't take such money Haifa, you see your family have done more than enough for me please help me return the money, but I only earned a glare from her too.

We're family now, and don't even let Yaya hear you are thinking of returning the money, he will feel bad now take the money before I keep it to myself.she said and I nodded and asked her to keep the money for me.

*****

Days passed and everyone was busy with the wedding preparations, including me.
Aunty, Haifa, imran and his father will be on my side. Aunty once asked me which color I will want my house to be but I asked Haifa to choose for me. Aunty even force me to do gyaran jiki(spa).
I will be moving to Abuja after the wedding and Haifa told me they will have a small family dinner and then budan Kai she was very happy.

I changed into something comfortable and head to bed I was really tired.

.......................................................................

Walli__someone who gives away the bride or groom.

Wedding bells🛎can you hear them? Cus I can...💃💃💃💃💃💃
Vote comment and share ☺XOXO