CHAPTER 31

SABREEN

After I got home I started packing some of my clothes and important stuffs.
I called my PA telling her to take care of things why am away.
I got tired due to packing so I have downstairs to have water.

I was drinking when Amir walked in looking at his phone,he looked up when he finally noticed my presence.
"You're back?? I managed to wisper.

"Yeah or are you not expecting to see me; he said sarcastically walking past me.

I really wanted to tell him that he is going to be a father, and am leaving tomorrow; but I put myself together biting my lips to hold my tears.
I look at him for the last time whispering goodnight and walk out.

🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊

"Sabreen take care of yourself and my grandchild; mama said hugging me.

"I sure will mama,thank you for taking care of me;I said smiling.

"Hey is not like you're going to die so stop making us emotional; Haifa said and I pouted looking at her.

"Hey take care of yourself and the baby, stay strong and don't worry about that asshole he's not worth your tears okay, I promise to visit when I have time and besides we're doing the baby shopping together;she said making me giggle because of how she call her brother an asshole.

"Haifa you're unbelievable, he's your brother... I said smiling.

"I don't care, and he's not my brother because he hurt my sister and also a bestfriend,Haifa said making me laugh because how she rolled her eyes.

"Okay then I will be waiting for you,oh and please give this to your brother if he comes looking for me I said giving her a piece of paper.

"I hope it has nothing with you apologizing or am not going to deliver it;she blurt  looking at the paper.

"No...it's not, just please give him.

"Sabreen let's go it getting late, ummah voiced.

"Toh sabreen saduwan alkairi(goodbye),make sure you eat, and please call me if you need anything okay, mama said and I nodded smiling.

We bid our goodbyes and got inside the car, leaving Abuja.

AMIR

"Ahhhh!!! am so tired I murmured sitting on the couch.

Sabreen I really want to see her even if am not going to talk to her, I really miss her I wanted to hugged her so badly when I saw her yesterday in the kitchen. she looks pale and sick but my ego is not allowing me to ask her,I remember her telling me she was sick the other day and I was mad because her so called boyfriend sent me their chat and she was telling him how much she loves him and that she doesn't want me I was very angry but still there is a part of me that doesn't want to believe...

"Kai am going to see her even if I will have to make an excuse, I said heading to her room.

I slowly open the door of her room hoping I will find her near the window where she usually stand and stare at the sky or on her bed with qur'an but the room was completely dark so I knocked on her restroom but when i hear no response ,i open the door and she wasn't inside, I checked everywhere in the house but no sign of her,so I tried calling her phone but it was switched off,maybe she hasn't come back from office yet I murmured dialing her PA number.

"Hello please can I talk to sabreen?? her phone is switched off; i said trying to calm myself.

"Am sorry sir but she hasn't come to work for a week now,and she called me earlier in the morning saying I should take care of things because she is going for a vacation; she said politely.

"Ohh, sorry I forgot, thanks by the way I said ending the call.

Where are you sabreen??........
Should I call mama?? But what if she is not there mama will surely ask me what is going on and she will be very angry. The only solution here is.......................
I said to myself thinking.

"Haifaaaaaa!!!!!! I said dialing her number but she kept rejecting.

What wrong with her?? I asked myself taking my car keys and head out.

*****

"Hey mushin is Haifa home?? I asked Haifa's husband.

"Yes,please come in I will go call her, he said inviting but I replied saying am in a hurry.

"Yaya!!! She called.

"Haifa,umm.....I... are you together with sabreen??I asked stammering.

"No we're not!!! She reply without looking at me.

"The do you know where she might be?? I asked hoping she will say yes.

"Yaya why are you asking me, maybe you should go check the hot..............she was saying but suddenly shut up.
I don't know where she is; she said looking upset.

How did Haifa know about the hotel, I look at her again and I know she definitely knows where sabreen is.

"Haifa tell me the truth, I know it when you're lying; I stated.

"Fine!!! I know where she is but am not going to tell you, she left yaya how can you do this to her after all the poor girl went through, you said you love her and but am  doubting if it's true, you should at least listen to what she had to say with shutting her like that, the poor girl starve herself because you refuse to eat her food, cry herself to sleep, she told you she was sick, did you even ask her what wrong with her did you ever care,noo you were busy ignoring her, are you happy now that she is gone, yes I get it she has a fault in this for not telling you someone is threatening her, ...................she spat angrily. Here she asked me to give you these she said giving me a piece of paper, yaya remember you are the one that helped her when she was in that situation then why are you the one putting her in that similar or should I say worst situation ain't you afraid she will look at you as how she looks at her grandmother,because I myself can't see the difference of accusing her to be having an affair with how her kaka called her a prostitute and when she beg you with how she begged her kaka, you should take care of things since before it's too late, I don't want you regretting it later and you should go see mama she said heading back inside.

*****

Sabreen is in Kaduna but mama ordered me to not go near her.
I sat on the sofa opening the paper sabreen asked Haifa to give me.

AM SORRY

Was all that was written on the paper,I don't know why but I felt miserably lost, broken,desolate how could I be so stupid for not believing her,sabreen is so innocent
How could I believe something by just what I saw, a stupid phone call or God damn text,I caused her pain when she needed me the most. I mumbled I have to find out who is behind all this.

"I promise sabreen I will make things right,just give me some time I wisper looking at the paper.

...........................................................................

Hey guys you should start a countdown maybe two to three chapters more to go. ⏳⏳⏳⏳

Please vote, comment, Share and follow😍😍.