~18~

~ y/n's pov

~ y/n's pov

Walking home with Stan is quiet, he'll glance over at me while I'm not looking but I know he is. The sound of freshly fallen leaves crunch under my beaten up converse.

  Thoughts race through my head , all about one person.

   ' Is it even him ?'

     ' Where has he been ?'

        ' what happened all those years ago?'

     So many things pop into my head as I continue to walk with Stan, I feel myself getting lost in them.

   " so?..." I hear the boy next to me say pulling me out of my thoughts . I look over towards him and sigh.

     " I don't have any answers for you Stan." I let out coldly and begin to walk quicker. I hear him try to keep up behind me

   " look I'm not gonna interrogate you y/n, I'm worried about you ?!" He yells out after me as I keep walking off from him.

    As I'm walking across the street towards my house a car suddenly stops next to me as if the didn't seem me , letting out a geez I look up and freeze when I see the face of the driver.

    " y/n ..." I hear my dad say after rolling down the window, I lump forms in my throat as I look up towards my house just down the street and then back towards Stan.

  Stan looks at me and shrugs after I mouth towards him ' what to I do?'.

     " is that your house y/n?" My dad asks while pointing up towards my house, looking at him threw his windshield I shrug .

    " I'd like to talk to you y/n." He sighs causing me to look away as tears fill my eyes.

   " you know what's funny ?" I choke out and laugh a little at the end .

    " I've been fine for years without you , I don't need you now ." I snap coldly as I turn to look at him , I gulp and think to myself about how I just lied .

    As I storm off Stan follows after me quickly , I don't look back towards the black car as I hear it speed off.

    Stan continues to call out to me as I run up my porch and swing my front door open.

  " I'll talk to you later bird boy." I sigh before stepping through the front door.

  ~

The light tapping of rain was the only thing I hadn't blocked out as I looked up at the ceiling of my room as drops leaked from a stain above my head.

  " what a shithole." I sighed to myself. Distant arguing became louder , followed by a slam of a door.

I quickly sat up once I heard the sound of my door knob turning. My eyes met my mothers e/c orbs , examining her face I could see tear stains on her {y/m'a skin color}.

Clearing her throat she snapped me out of my thoughts causing me to shake my head and cough, she's always working or not home so I hadn't seen her in so long.

  " I um wanted to let you know that dinner is ready." She said blankly , I noded slowly not knowing how to even speak to her.

  She looked at me in silence for a few minutes and then began to close the door.

" wait I have a question." I blurted out before she could completely close the door.

  " yes y/n?" She asked curious as she walked into the room slowly , she stopped and looked around and then her eyes met mine.

  " I was just uh- you know wondering what happened to dad..." I replied awkwardly , not even able to keep eye contact with her.

  She looked taken aback , and hurt . I saw her look over at my dresser and all the pictures I'd stolen from the attic , especially all the ones of my dad and me.

She walked towards the pictures and brushed her fingers over them , It was hard to read how she was feeling.

  " look I know it's a touchy subject but I'm a teenager now and I deserve the whole truth." I sighed , she looked at me and shook her head. I saw a bitter and hurt look in her eyes.

  " it doesn't matter what happened to him." She responded coldly while ripping the pictures off the wall and taking my picture frame.

  I got up as if to stop her , as I did she grabbed the door and swung it open. She looked at me coldly and sniffed.

  " he's not here , and he's never coming back so drop this silly fantasy that you have of him or being with him." She spat before slamming the door on my face. I stumbled back in shock, tears streamed down my face .

   Looking around my room I started to get angry, and I ended up throwing a shoe as the wall and screaming.

   After a few minutes I could hear Marcus coming up the stairs, I started to panic and decided to take my backpack and crawl out the window .

   The taps of rain soon weren't just a sound but now we're hitting my face as I climbed down my tree.

  .....

Word count : 859