~19~

(Y/n's pov)

I didn't know where I was walking to but I ended up in a the park. The cold rain hits my face as I look up at the stars.

  Besides the eerie feeling Derry gives you it can be quite beautiful sometimes, but really fricking cold.

  My thoughts are broken by car headlights turning towards the park , sitting up I see someone in the car observing me . Starting to get uncomfortable , I start to speed walk towards my house.

  As I'm walking down the side walk , with a brisk pace I can sense the car following . My breath hitches when I can feel them drive up right next to me . Glancing over my eyes meet someone who I don't want to see .

 Glancing over my eyes meet someone who I don't want to see

    Get in the car y/n/n." His voice lets out simply , I examine his expression trying to read him. Finally crossing my arms I let out a scoff.

  " what do you want ...Dad." I reply with a harsh tone , he lets out a sigh and looks at me with a expression that seemed Sincere
" I won't let my daughter walk around in the cold , dark , and be all alone." He lets out in a soft tone , tears start to brim my eyes.

" your daughter ." I choke out sarcastically with a scoff before looking around and biting the inside of my cheek.

" yes my daughter, listen y/n-" he try's to start before I can cut him off.
" no you listen to me !! You have no clue what I've gone through at home these past few years . How many states I'm moved to , how many times I've had to say goodbye, and how many times I've been hurt for other people's mistakes!" I scream , finally letting everything out. His eyes fill with pity as tears stream down my face furiously.
" and it all started with you and mom." I add on in a softer tone, now aware of how late it is and the houses around me.

" I never wanted you to leave y/n , and I looked for you for years . Now I'm finally here and you don't want me here." He replies in a soft and sorrowful tone , guilt fills my heart as I observe his broken facade.

" I'll get in the car ... but only if you take me straight home." I let out softly after a few seconds of silence. He unlocks the car door and opens it from the inside for me.

The ride home is quiet , he pops in a Cassette after a few minutes of awkward silence. I smile to myself when I hear The Police coming through the speakers. My dad sings along softly until we pull up to my house , causing him to turn it down.

" can I pick you up from school tomorrow?" He asks politely before unlocking the door. I ponder it to myself shortly .

" yeah sure , I better go so goodnight." I respond in a kind and soft tone , he nods and says ' goodnight y/n/n' as I open the door and exit the car.

Waving him off I wait for him to turn the corner before I walk towards the house opposite mine. Climbing up a familiar tree , and lightly opening a window. I enter a familiar house.

   I accidentally knock something over causing myself to back up into a table , the ruckus causes the boy in front of my to stir in his bed and sit up slowly. He rubs his eyes as his curls bounce softly.

  " y/n/n?" He asks in a sweet but sleepy tone that causes my heart to quiver. I let out a " it's me" quietly as I walk slowly towards him. Turning on the lamp next to his bed a warm glow lights up the room.

  I notice him examine my tear stained face shortly , his expression turns pitiful quickly as he stands up shortly. He hesitates in front of me for a minute before pulling me into a hug. His scent of new paper and fresh grass fills my nose as his warmth surrounds me , I relax in his grip and feel tears stream down my cheeks slowly.
   Very few words are exchanged as Stan Fixes his blankets and grabs old pajamas for me .

  "I can sleep on the floor If you'd like." Stan whispers to me softly, I shake my head no . I can see his cheeks get red before he turns back towards his bed and lays down. After I change I join him , he faces away from me .

" are you okay y/n?" Stan's voice speaks out softly in the pitch black room. My heart hurts hearing his question , turning to face me his eyes examine my face solemnly.
" yeah , of course I am." I lie in a hushed tone , I know Stan can see through my lies. Lifting up his hand he plays with my hair .

" okay y/n , Goodnight."