~20~

( y/n's pov)

   ( y/n's pov)

  I had barely gotten any sleep , a nightmare clouded my slumber with flashes of the monster I'd seen in Henry's eyes and the blood in my room. It wasn't long before I could hear birds outside the window , Smiling I looked over at Stan who was still sound asleep. Ruffling his hair he let out a groan causing me to laugh , my laughter is cut short by booming footsteps coming towards his room . Suddenly Stan shoots up and signals me to go hide in his closet, I barely made it into the closet and shut the door lightly when I heard a man's voice.

" I heard talking in here , who's here?" Mr.Uris asks in a serious tone . I felt my heart beating faster and faster scared that he'd find me .
" Uh no one I just got of the phone with Bill , talking about how he had to cancel bird watching with the neighbor and me today." Stan whips up a lie , his tone was very convincing. I smile to myself thinking that your influence has made the quiet boy a better liar.

" the neighbor , That whore across the street ?" I heard Mr.Uris ask with disgust in his voice , my fists clench as I want nothing more than to jump out of the closet and strangle him. Stan crosses his arms and sigh before his dad.
" she's a nice girl dad , I wish you'd stop judging her." He complains causing me to subconsciously nod my head.

" Stanley nice girls are the kind of girls who go to temple , and don't walk around town looking like a whore."Mr. Uris spoke annoyed , I could hear Stan open his door and ask his dad to leave. I smile to myself before Stan opens the closet door letting me out. He quickly hands me clothes for school , I smile kindly and let out a thank you as he turns away from me and closes his eyes.
" thanks for sticking up for me stan." I say  softly as I pull the yellow sweater he gave me over my head . I hate feeling like I depend on Stan , his dad coming in made me realize that if I couldn't come here when things got bad I'd have nowhere to go. Stan makes me feel safe , being by him makes me feel warm and cozy like I guess a home would . 
  ' was Stan my home ?'

   " y/nnnnn , earth to y/n?" Stan's voice calls waving me out of my thoughts , my head snaps to the boy besides me as he went to open the window for me to climb out , walking over to the window he hands me a bag.
   " wait !" He calls as I'm halfway out the window , coming back in I looked at him with a raised brow .

  " I'm sorry about everything my dad said , And as for sticking up for you it's just what friends do so no sweating it ." Stan reassures , his words seem to echo in my head as I nod and begin to go out the window again.
   ' a "friend"?' I thought to myself as climbed down from the tree and begin to walk out of the yard . I start to worry about how Stan thought of me , am I not pretty enough? Smart enough ? Holy enough?!

     I continue to ponder what I had done to make stan feel this way as I continue to walk to school , turning a street my thoughts are interrupted by a loud car . Turning around my eyes lay on a familiar car . Sighing to myself I began to pick up my speed  , before I knew it I seemed to be running .

  " woah y/n it's just us !" I hear victor call as the car drives up next to me , glancing over I only see Belch and Victor . Letting out a sigh of relief I look back over at the two.
  " what do you want ?" I ask not amused by their games and scaring me . Victor looks hurt by my tone as he raises a brow.

  " listen y/n I don't know what happened with Henry but he's not here , now are you really going to walk two miles to school ?" Victor asks causing belch to let out ' he's right y/n.' . Stopping in my tracks I look up and down the street before going around the car .
  " only this once because this car stinks ." I joke as I open the door . Belch pops in a new cassette as we begin to head to school and I begin to worry what the losers will say if they see me.

~

  " hey I'll see you guys later." I say rushed as I hop out of the car not even letting the boys say goodbye. I'm in a hurry to make sure none of the losers will see me but looking up at the steps I know I failed. A more put together looking Stan then the one I saw earlier stands on the steps with his arms crossed . Nervously I walk up to him and the others , turning around he faces away from me and walks in the building.
  " so uh w-we still on for birdwatching ?" Bill asks uncomfortable, rolling my eyes I push past the boys and into the school building

Word count : 881