1.2

ACT ONE- CHAPTER THREE

"
i
don't
open
up
my
feelings
because
of
what
happens
when
i
do
"

___________________________

LEXIE SAT IN HER BED STARING UP AT HER CEILING. she was thinking, just thinking. at that very moment, she was wondering what her friends from her old town were doing,

she felt bad for leaving them so abruptly, even though it was out of her control, she couldn't help but feel slightly guilty about it.

that was a trait about lexie that was very charming, but also caused her to find herself in pain all the time too,

her being loyal so much always caused her to get her feelings hurt when they shouldn't be getting hurt, but they always did.

she always found herself saying sorry for things she didn't do wrong, or for someone else's mistakes. it was a loving, yet, disastrous trait about the mysterious girl.

she wanted to check up on her friends so desperately but her phone was as good as a hunk of plastic——there was hardly any service in the neighborhood surrounding the fairchild home.

lexie felt herself becoming a bit... curious, she was curious about the fairchild home, it was so offputting, but why?

not only was the physical appearance of the home offputting, just the vibe that came off of it was.

despite all of the creaking floors and the chipped walls, or maybe she heard footsteps in the halls during the night or knocking on her walls,

she wondered what truly lied in the fairchild home, because it was much, much more than what kate wanted lexie to believe.

another good, yet disastrous trait about lexie, she was always curious and wanted answers——- and the problem was that most things are made to stay hidden.

just like everything inside of the fairchild home, everything is made to stay hidden in there, but now that lexie has arrived, she was going to uncover those secrets.

because not all secrets are made to stay hidden.

lexie stopped gazing up at the old ceiling and hoisted herself off of her bed and to the bedroom door, she knew what she was going to do in this moment,

she was going to go on a little adventure, across the home, and she didn't know what to expect. kate had already forwarned her before to NOT go into the sewing room or, for that matter, towards the east wing.

kate knew something about the home that lexie didn't, and she intended to find out.

lexie's biggest problem in this moment was managing to stay hidden from anyone in the home, she wanted to go explore but she knew if someone saw her, they would scold her and send her back to her room.

especially kate or miles

although it didn't seem like a good idea in hindsight, lexie began searching as she exited her old bedroom, and began walking along the creaky wooden floors lightly, not wanting to make much noise with her footsteps.