Where's Ron?

"Come again?" I asked after a minute of silence went by. "Are you seeing-" she started, but I cut her off. "No I am not Hermione, why would you think that?" I asked her with a straight face.
   "Don't lie, Lani! I'll know if you did." She said with a slight shake in her voice. I narrowed my eyes at her "Oh really now? Well you, Hermione Granger, are wasting your time. Because I am not nor will I ever be with a teacher!" I hissed at her, feeling guilty for lying.

   "I saw you snogging him in the corridor a couple of weeks ago." She said bluntly. My eyes instantly widened. "Come again?!" I asked, a little too fast this time. " I said, I saw you-"

   "No I heard what you said and I don't want you to repeat it!" I exclaimed. " then why ask 'come ag-" I once again cut her off. "Listen, don't you have bigger things to deal with then this?" I asked her trying to change the subject. She looked at me with narrowed eyes. To say even I was nervous to make Hermione Granger upset is an understatement. "Mione, listen. I would like it if you can forget this ever happening. Forget everything. Don't bring it up to know one. If they ask, I was nowhere with no one doing nothing with nobody! Understand?" I said simply, getting up to walk to my dorm.

   "No."
   "No?"
   "Yes."
  "So yes?"
   "Lani stop that!"
  "But it's just so fun!" I said, childishly. "We need to talk about this. It is not right. He is your teacher and you're his student! What if someone else caught you?! What if it wasn't me that saw you?!" She went on a small rant. I listened to her views of my relationship until I got tired.

  "Alright Hermione, that's enough for tonight. Maybe we can continue this tomorrow night? I really am sleepy right now. Oh look at the time!" I said, looking down at my wrist with no watch on it. "It's time for bed." I smirked, turning to walk up the stairs. "You're also not suppose to have a dog in the school..." she mumbled as I was walking away.

In an instant I had her up against the wall with my hand around her throat. "What did you say?" I growled at her. She let out a small whimper. I immediately let go of her once I came over myself. "Hermione! I'm so sorry. I don't know why I did that." She just looked at me with wide eyes. Wide fearful eyes. "I was just going to say you shouldn't have a dog here. Especially when Harry is spooked out by the Grim." She rushed out, breathing heavily.

"I'm so sorry Hermione I've just been paranoid. That's all. Ever since Charlie, you know?" I lied. I have to protect my father. Even if it means I have to lie to my friends. "Let's just go to bed. We can talk more in the morning, alright?" I told her softly, taking her hand in mine as I guided us to the stairs. She nodded while holding my hand tightly. "I understand why you'd be nervous, Lani. I don't blame you for needing to lash out. You can't hold all of that in by yourself. I know there's other things you aren't telling us, and we understand your reasons. But maybe let us in once or twice. We care about you, you know!" She said with a laugh at the end.

"Hermione Granger. You truly are the brightest witch in your grade." I said proudly to her.

"Why thank you!" She said with a smile.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next few weeks went by like a blur. All fifth years were stressing over the upcoming O.W.L's, including Jess and I. She and I were both stress eating so much, the twins and Oli had to physically remove us from the kitchens. What party poopers they are.

"So how many more times do we have to remove you from the kitchens? I'm surprised the elves haven't ran out of food!" Oli said as we walked into the common room. "I'm stress eating!!" Jess yells right at his face. He gulped " I'm sorry." He spoke immediately. "Bloody hell Oli." "You crack so easily." The twins say. "She hangs out with Lani. You wanna go against her?" He retorts. The twins looked at each other, than at us, and shook their heads 'no'. "Well boys, since we can't stress eat, we are going to over study. Yeah, I said it. You take our foods, we take your sleep. We're gonna study til you can't function no more." I said. "Well that's just cold." George said.