Chapter 1

"This is going to be the most worst day of my life" I fell back onto my bed, whining about today, which is supposed to be horrible.

"It's not so bad. It's just a museum" my best friend argued. "Yeah? The most boring museum" I propped my elbows on the bed to keep myself up.

"It's not that boring" she rolled her eyes. Ellie, my best friend, continued to rummage through her closet, throwing back clothes she didn't want to wear, which turned to be her whole closet.

"Why do I have to go?" I whined and fell back, hitting my head first.

"Because you're my best friend and you love me" she gave me a warm smile.

I rolled my eyes once again. "Even if that's true, I don't wanna go" I whined.

"But you know that this is my favorite museum, and that this would mean a lot to me. You know that I like to look at art. My birthday is coming up next week and this could be my gift. Please, I have no one else to go with. Please come with me. Please, please, please" she begged and began her fake tears.

"Fine! I'll go" I gave her a cold glare.

She started to squeal with happiness, but I ended it. "But your paying me back for this"

She rolled her eyes as expected. "You need to help me with finding an outfit" she said through her closet. I couldn't even see her because her closet is like a maze.

Ellie and I aren't alike at all. She's girly, popular and talented in many ways. But me, I'm a geek, don't have any talents, and I'm no where near girly.

One day Ellie happened to be walking past a group of girls who were picking on me. She stood up for me and told them to leave me alone forever. We talked for a long time and ended up being best friends. What I didn't know was that we would still be best friends till this day. In a couple weeks, it's our 10th year anniversary.

"Why do I have to help you pick your clothes out" I whined. "Because your my best friend and you love me?" It sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Ellie Ashley Tolota!" Her name was screamed by her mom. I jumped a little from the loudness in her voice. "Yeah, mom?!" She yelled back from her closet.

"Get your butt down here this instance!" Her mom yelled. I opened the door for Ellie.

"Better get your butt down there" I mimicked. Ellie rolled her eyes at me and walked out, stomping her feet on the steps.

With Ellie's last name, everyone made fun of her in the first grade. I was in her grade. That was the year we became friends. But this incident happened right after we became friends.

Everyone in our grade made fun of her last name because it sounded like Toyota to a lot of kids. She wasn't skinny, she was a little chubby. But I didn't care.

So, everyone called her the Toyota Truck. She was devastated. But one day she called this girl, who had an African American father, and a white mother, an Oreo. It was a horrible name, but that's how she became popular. Then, over the years she worked out, ate healthier and became skinnier. I on the other hand was just a ghost to everyone and I'm still invisible today.

A few minutes went by and Ellie finally came back upstairs. She sighed really loudly and fell back on her bed.

"What happened?" I chuckled and crossed my arms over my chest. "She truly hates me" she stared up at the ceiling with her mouth open and wide eyes.

"What happened?" I repeated and furrowed my eyebrows. Ellie slowly sat up and inched to the edge of her bed. "What happened? What happened was that she won't let me go to the museum because I didn't do something for her" she snapped.