iii. the bust

LAYLANI. but this OMNISCIENT.

once the feeling of regret and guilt left her body she walked out the diner and headed to her home

once the feeling of regret and guilt left her body she walked out the diner and headed to her home. she didn't want to do it, but she had to. he killed her brother. her boyfriend of three years killed her brother. roddy killed her brother. yet he was with her as if he hadn't done such a monstrosity. he showed her so much love, gave her so much love, but she couldn't take it. imagine comforting the victim's family after you caused their pain.

she remembered the day she found out. she was sitting in the bubble bath water roddy made for her. he was in the room sounding frantic and nonetheless pissed off. "i mean i love laylani, but that nigga had to go, i would never hurt her like that if it wasn't mandatory" were his exact words. he thought he had the volume up loud enough on the tv. the fact she didn't turn him in when she found out made her sick, because that same night, which wasn't long ago maybe two or three weeks ago, she let him make love to her.

she let him get carried away and if the circumstances were different she would've loved it. she wasn't going to stop a life, but she just wished the father was different. maybe someone who wasn't a murderer who killed her single cell of a baby's uncle. she parked her car outside her home and walked inside to see roddy at the stove stirring spaghetti. "hey baby" he said as he heard her keys hit the island. she ignored him and sat down at the table. "you okay?" he asked her.

she nodded her head, "best i've felt in years" she said. "so work was good today?" he asked with a smile, walking their plates to the table. "i got a question" she said, ignoring his question. "i'll always have an answer" he said. "why'd you do it?" she asked. "what?" he asked confused. "that was my bestfriend, we had arguments on a daily, i can't talk to anyone like i talked to him, he understood me differently, better than you, you know why?,CAUSE BITCH, THAT WAS MY BROTHER!" she exclaimed.

he heart dropped. he didn't speak, he just looked at her. "bae-" he was cut off. "don't call me that" she said. "lay..baby let me explain" he said. "the fuck do you have to explain, let's just sit here and enjoy each other's company" she said calmly. "i still love you, i hate that you did what you did, no i won't visit you and sadly my kid will be a bastard, no i won't tell them who you are and what you did, i'm moving and changing my phone number and my carrier. if you happen to get out i wish the best of luck with what you decide to do, i hope it was worth it" she said once it got quiet.

"you're pregnant?" he asked wish a devastated look on his face. she nodded and played with her nails. "what you mean you aren't visiting me?" he asked. "you got my kid i gotta see you" he added. she shook her head then she got up and walked over to him. "i know it's hard to lose someone you love" she said kissing his cheek. "now you know how i feel" she added. she pulled out her phone and simply spoke two words, "come in."  the door was opened and five police officers came in and grabbed roddy.

"what the fuck lay?!" he exclaimed. "if you resist it'll add on time rodrick, i'd stop" she said, taking his seat. they brought him to the door and he looked at her with a look she'll always remember. she smirked and walked to the door as they pulled his towards the car. "thank you for the spaghetti" she said. once he was in the car, she closed the door. after locking it, she turned her back to the door and slid down it. she sat in tears the rest of the night.

-------
i hope you enjoyed
i love yall
bye.