ix. boss man

NAI'NNA

i sat in the cold room with a bandana over my face

i sat in the cold room with a bandana over my face. it was silent other than the occasional dripping sound and the light rain outside. i heard mumbled voices and felt my heartbeat speed up. a door opened and a couple sets of footsteps sounded off in the room. "this her?" i heard a voice say. the voice had a dominant tone to it, so i knew it belonged to someone important. "yeah" a feminine voice spoke.

a pair of footsteps seem to get closer to me and the bandana was ripped off my face. my teary eyes met a nice set of hazel one's. the man looked mean and kept a mug as he examined my face. "what's your name?" he spoke coldly. "nai'nna" i whispered, but not on purpose. "speak up when you talk to me" he said raising his voice a little. "nai'nna" i spoke clearly. he hummed in response and backed away from me.

"yall can leave, i gotta handle this" he spoke to the other four people in the room. when they left he came and stood in front of me. "you know why you're here?" he asked. "no can i please go home" i pleaded. "nah, you seen some shit you shouldn't have seen" he said. i shook my head, "no i didn't" i cried. "but you did and that's a problem" he said. "why were you at benny's at three o'clock in the morning?" he asked.

"i babysit his son" i said. "so why were you outside?" he asked. "benny told me he was on his way and to sit outside for him" i said. "why?" he asked. "i'll never know now" i said. "alright cut the crap, i hate liars" he said. "okay okay" i said crying as he took a gun from his waistband. "i was just walking trying to clear my head" i said. "i don't believe you" he said. "so either i kill you, keep you here for my own personal needs, or you just join the gang" he said.

"i'm in school people will look for me" i said. he laughed and shook his head. i twisted my lips in confusion. "you must not know who i am" he said. "i can only go but so far with the law because all of em ain't that crooked" he cut himself off. "but you gave yourself two choices" he said getting completely serious again. "join or die" he said cocking the gun back. "please don't make me choose" i said whimpering a little bit.

"okay, i'll choose" he said. he squeezed the trigger and nothing happened. he busted out laughing as i sat there shaking in fear. "i don't want you dead and it kinda offends me you'd rather die than live with the fact that i'm never leaving your life, EVER" he said. "so there are multiple ways to do it, you can get sexed in, jumped, or handle some lightweight for me" he said. "c-can you explain?" i asked.

"option one, me and 3-4 others in nicer terms run a train on you most likely when you aren't expecting it, option two, 5-8 actually nah 7-9 people gonna come in here and jump you, option three, go catch a body" he said. i cried because ain't no way in hell i'm doing that shit. any of it. at all. "can i talk to someone in charge maybe we can talk and be reasonable" i said.

"this ain't mcdonalds" he said. "i know cause i ain't lovin' it" i mumbled. "you got jokes?" he asked rhetorically. "i gave you three options pick one" he said coldly. "i don't want to have sex before marriage, you see how fucking small i am i'm not letting nobody jump me, i don't have the heart to kill nobody" i said. he looked amused. "what if they did some real fucked up shit?" he asked. "i-" he cut me off. "the nigga i want dead stole drug money from me to pay fucked up parents so he can have sex with their kids, he pimp them kids too" he said.

"oh my god" i said. "look your conscience can be cleared knowing you took someone like that off the streets and i'll be satisfied because his debt will be paid" he said. "i'm not killing anybody" i said. he did one of those laughs people do when they scrolling through something and come across something funny, the he looked at me.

.....

i sat in the tinted windowed car and looked straight ahead at a dude outside yelling on a phone. "imma let the window down, shoot that motherfucker then it's over, we gone" he said. i nodded my head, my hand started shaking as he cocked back the gun then handed it to me. he let the window down and drove quickly passed the man. i didn't even know i did what i did until i looked in the rear view and saw him laying on the ground.

he took the gun from me and brought us to some secluded area. when the car stopped he looked at me. "you can call me roddy" he said. i didn't respond i just cried. he smiled and shrugged his shoulders. fifteen minutes had passed and he came back to the car. when did he leave? "you still in this bitch crying?" he asked as we started to roll off again. i didn't answer him. he took a deep breath. "i'm gon' let it go this once 'cause you just caught your first body and you new, but when i speak you respond" he said.

"i don't owe you a response, leave me alone, i wasn't even going to tell nobody and you did all the extra" i spoke back. "damn" he muttered. "i don't know it's something about the way you thought i gave a fuck that got me a little worked up there" he said. "you are sick" i said. "you can't be a gang leader and not be a little sick" he said. my eyes widened, he was the leader? "oh my god" i said as i put my head in my hands. "and if you didn't want to deal with all this you should've minded your business" he said.

"i was minding my business" i said. "so how'd you see, how you witness it?" he asked. "because i was walking" i said. "hmm, so you walk into a alleyway at 3am where there are people dressed in black" he said. "yes" i said. "damn see know i know you stupid so you can't do nothing for me" he said. i quickly looked at him. "no please" i pleaded. "don't beg unless you're on you're knees, you kinda did this to yourself" he said. "at least let me say goodbye" i said. he just started laughing.

i looked at him confused. "how is that funny?" i asked. "how is it not?" he responded. "roddy please" i said. "you cute, i'm not killing you" he said and i let out a breath. we pulled up to some house and got out. "they are" he said. i was about ask what he was talking about because he just said 'they are' out of no where in a empty home, but something stopped me. i fell to the ground in immense pain and i looked around. it was the girl from earlier. i think she was the one that snatched me.

"come on bree" i heard roddy say. "yo short ass had me kill this girl for what roddy?" she asked. "she outlived her purpose" he said. i heard another shot and everything went black.

.....

i woke up to the sound off beeping and looked around. i almost had a heart attack seeing him in the chair next to me. "so maybe you are a little special" i heard him say. "'cause i shot you a couple times for good measure and here you are" he said. i felt like calling someone in here and telling them what happened, but i remember i killed someone last night. "so maybe this gang shit ain't for you, but i think a tiny part of me likes you for some reason so imma just take you" he said. "take me?" i asked but it came out low.

"yeah i own you now"

-----------
i hope you enjoyed.
imma try to update poetic justice today we'll see.
i love yall
bye, stay safe.