x. should've listened

OLIVE

"i'm just saying going to this party isn't a bad idea" my friend said

"i'm just saying going to this party isn't a bad idea" my friend said. i just looked at her in disbelief. he hasn't been nice to us all semester and now it's a good idea to go to a party he's throwing. we don't even know the people who are going to be there. "mmmm, i don't know" i said walking across the yard. "liv think about it, this is the first big party we've been invited to this whole college experience" she said.

"we're freshmans dumbass, we'll get invited to alot more parties" i said. "but they won't be roddy parties" she said. i glared at her. "you like him don't you kay?" i asked. "no!- i just" she tried saying, but she stopped and stared at me. "kay what?" i asked feeling lowkey uncomfortable. "look behind you" she mouthed and i turned around. his buddies stood there with grins on their faces.

"you're coming to the party right?" one of them asked, he looked lowkey heavyset but i won't say the word for it 'cause that's mean. "i can't make it" i said. "she's such a tease, we'll be there" kay said. i snapped my head towards her. "good and um it's a party party, dress accordingly" the same one said. "it might be hard for them though, they lookin' like grannies" a skinny one said.

"on crip they do" a girl with two braids said laughing. "let's go they hurting my eyes" the first one said. i just shook my head and walked off. "we have to go shopping" kay said. "no we don't because we aren't going" i said. "you're no fun, that's why i don't hang with you" she said. before i could open my mouth to say anything, she walked off. i sighed and headed back to my dorm.

she'll get over it and realize there is nothing for us at that party. i fumbled with my keys as i approached the door and finally found the right one. i went inside, greeted my roomie, and went to my room.  i sat my stuff down and sat on my bed to get my work done, because i had work tomorrow. two hours had passed and i was starting on my essay, when my eyes started dropping.

without knowing, i fell asleep. i woke up out of my sleep because there was a loud noise in my dream. i reached for my phone and seen i had ten missed calls and fifteen messages.

kAy🥠
10 missed calls

kAy🥠

liv can you come get me

you were right

i don't feel good

my h3ad is piounding pleeez

oh shit, these are from 45 minutes ago. i got up and stretched then grabbed my keys. i called her back and it went straight to voicemail. i continued to call and got the same results. my heart started to hurt, something's wrong. i ran outside and got in my car. i drove to where they said the party would be and noticed the amount of cars.  i parked down the street and ran to the house.

i went in and the strong smell of weed smacked me in the face. people were drinking and smoking everywhere, but not one person was kay. i continued to look throught the house until i found a room.

my heart was pounding. i've never been more nervous. i shakily reached for the handle and pulled the door open. "OH MY GOD NO NO NO" i said running towards her. she was on a bed with the sheets scattered around her. she had a gash in her forehead and her lip was busted. her legs wouldn't stop twitching and there was blood on her lower body. i should've went with her. i should've went after her. "kay i'm so sorry" i said holding her head.

she was unresponsive and it made me cry. "i'm so sorry" i repeated. i ran out the room and found someone to help. "please help she's unresponsive and she looks really bad" i said to some guys that were smoking. "oh her, yeah she was pretty wild" one of them said. "drunk and smoked every damn thing" another added. "yall saw what she was wearing?, she was asking for it" another said.

i came to the conclusion that i'd have to do this myself and went back to the room. i wrapped the cover around her and picked her up. i never knew she was this heavy. "what you doing?" someone asked. i turned around and seen roddy with his friends. "we not done with her, put her back" he said. "no" i said holding onto her protectively.

"we did nothing she didn't want us to do" the fat one from earlier said. "fuck.you." i said pushing passed them and trying my best to run out the house. surprisingly i made it all the way to my car with her. when i put her in the passenger seat i fastened her in and went to the driver side. my waist was pulled back. "stop yo" roddy said. i squirmed in his hold. "this wouldn't have happened if you would've came like i told you too, this is your fault dumb bitch" he said.

i elbowed him and got inside my car. i cranked the car and sped out the area. i went to the closest hospital and brought her in. i can't believe this happened because of me.

--------------
i hope you enjoyed
i love yall
stay safe.
bye.