viii. high fashion

OMNISCIENT

"listen man, i'm just saying when was the last time you been out?" keefa asked an uninterested roddy

"listen man, i'm just saying when was the last time you been out?" keefa asked an uninterested roddy. "you know this square wanna stay cooped up in the house" donbo teased. everyone laughed while roddy rolled his eyes. "i ain't a square, i just don't want to be in the party scene right now" he said.

each of his friends took glances at each other and knew that he was lying. "don't tell me that girl ain't text you back" keefa said. roddy smacked his teeth, "it's not even about shorty, she can have that" roddy mumbled. "just come on man you been in this house since the album dropped and we only got so much time until that virus get serious" donbo said.

"why don't y'all ask bree and winter to go with y'all?" he asked. "because they went everywhere else with us" donbo said. roddy huffed, "man fine, but don't expect me to be the life of the party" roddy said getting up from the couch. his friends looked at each other then bust out laughing. "sure" keefa said. "bird man, why you let them talk me into this?" roddy said as he walked passed him.

"because you're being boring" bird shouted after him. it took a full hour and a half for roddy to get dressed. "nigga you secretly a girl or some shit?" donbo said. "yall gon' get off me" roddy said laughing. "we not, come on" keefa spoke.

•••••

"man this club is lame" roddy complained for the fifth time tonight. "no, you're lame, how many times you denied a drink or a dance since we been here?" bird said. "these girls are basic, imma go to the bathroom, come get me when yall ready to go" roddy spoke. "here he go" keefa said as roddy stood up. roddy rolled his eyes continued to leave his friends.

meanwhile, nicole was backstage fixing her makeup. "mink you almost done baby, they want you ready in ten" briane, the house mom, asked. "yeah" she responded. nicole took the pin out her hair and let her deep waves cascade down her shoulders. she stood up as her six inch heels made her average height. "you do yo thang out there missy and when you come back and get you money together, i got you a new jug of water okay" briane said.

"okay, see you in a few" nicole said as she did a silent prayer to herself. "mink you looking real fine girl" one of the other strippers said. "thank you" nicole responded, before she walked out the door into the warm hallway. "MINK? MINK! MIN- oh there you go, come on there's a celebrity out there and you're a crowd favorite baby let's make this money" the club owner said. she was pulled through curtains and door until she was behind the center stage.

"ladies and gentlemen, well yall aren't gentle men, but that's okay because this girl doesn't like nice guys. she wants to break the rules and she's on her baddest behavior tonight folks. she likes it expensive so don't get defensive, the girl you have to do double takes, we got something special for you tonight, and it for sure will bring you delight. our m-m-money maker, MINNNNNK!" the club dj annouced.