xv. house wife

OMNISCIENT, REYNIA. short.

true, she hated being home alone

true, she hated being home alone. hearing the same bullshit excuses. i got extra hours at the office,  they need me at work. she was hurting. she just knew he was cheating. that was the only logical explanation. he would leave in a suit and come home wearing athletic clothes.

'street wear', he looked like he didn't belong on their side of town. he was slowly getting unhinged, smelling like different women. he wasn't up for sex as much, and when he was he was too aggressive. reynia had all kinds of red flags thrown at her, but she ignored them.

she looked up at the pure crystal chandelier and let out a sigh. she seen him earlier today helping a girl into his car, he looked happy. she knew he couldn't be cheating since he didn't want to waste their eleven year marriage. they were working on children, he wouldn't mess that up.

however he was getting secretive, unsettled. he would cry in the shower and scream at her for making tiny mistakes. he was paranoid and would take away her phone whenever he left. something was bothering him. he had a dark secret and she didn't want to find out.

maybe the guilt of cheating on her was eating him up. he must've been beginning to think that reynia would leave him. he wouldn't let her drive his car and would insist on using her car in the daytime. perhaps to not get caught up in something.

she stood up off the couch and went to the kitchen to prepare a meal for two, again. in the midst of the preparations the front door was opened. in came a visually distressed rodrick mumbling under his breath. "hey honey" reynia said as she made her way towards her husband.

"NOT TODAY REYNIA!" he snapped as she went to give him a hug. tears flooded her eyes, "who is it?" she finally asked. he glared at her, "you think i'm cheating on you?, i've been working and stressing" he spat. "you treat me so cold babe" she cried. "get out of my face, i should be cheating, can't even come home to food already cooked" he muttered.

she stood there and went back into the kitchen. this wasn't the first time he got disrespectful. but she couldn't get a divorce. he pays for the lawyers and he's a model citizen in the community. no one would believe that he's treating her bad. her parents adore him and care more about the new house he put them in.

she stirred the potatoes and bit her lip, trying hard not to cry. she finished the food and went into the living room. she turned on the tv as she ate on the couch. the news playing in the background, she looked up towards the steps. "over the course of the past two weeks more women are going missing, than we've seen in months" the anchor spoke.

reynia stopped chewing and looked at the screen. " 24 year old, laytisha growns has been missing for the past four days and many others have been reported missing" the anchor continued. a picture flashing across the screen of the missing woman made a tear roll down her face.

a happy tear. that was the women he helped into his car. he wasn't cheating after all.

--------------------------
i hope you enjoyed.
if you haven't checked out my new roddy fic, go check it out.
excuse my mistakes.
i love yall.
stay safe.
bye.