xvi. the godfather

OMNISCIENT, CAYLYN

roddy sat in his office at the police station, looking at all the evidence that he and his team gathered

roddy sat in his office at the police station, looking at all the evidence that he and his team gathered. a tiny ounce of regret in his heart for what he was about to do. he looked at his lockscreen then placed the phone face down. poor caylyn, she didn't even know she helped her "boyfriend" take down her father. he found out about caylyn when he was 'patrolling' and one of her friends said her first and last name.

caylyn escaretti, daughter of a prominent mafia don. the man who was the center of his case. he took the past year to develop a relationship with caylyn. he even met her father, ralph 'big shark' escaretti. his italian accent scared the fuck out of him nonetheless, but he was trusted. don escaretti felt he was a son.

which hurt roddy a little bit. "we have all the evidence and i just got the warrant from the courts" his partner spoke. "alright let's do it" roddy said. the team left the room and rushed to their cars. they made it to the house and roddy got out first, his heart was heavy. meanwhile, caylyn and her father were sitting on the couch drinking coffee and watching the news.

'a special task force, has just began the arrest process of the notorious mafia don, ralph 'big shark' escaretti' the anchor said. caylyn eyes widened in horror at her father. "daddy it's not true is it?" she cried. he sat his coffee down and closed his eyes. "sweetheart, daddy had to do what he did for you and your mother" he said as knocks came from the door.

"i'm not a bad guy angel, i just did a bad thing" he said as he watched her move away from him. tears ran down her face. "go open the door" he told her and she immediately went to open the door. he sighed, his little angel was terrified of him. caylyn opened the door and was met with her boyfriend. "rodrick!" she exclaimed as she went to hug him. he pushed past her and walked into the house.

"ralph escaretti, you are under arrest on rico charges, you have the right to remain silent..." roddy spoke and finished the rest of his miranda rights. ralph was heartbroken, his future son in law was against him the whole time and his only child was afraid of him. as roddy's team brought ralph out to the police cars, caylyn went to roddy and slapped him.

"assault on an officer cay, i might have to put you in cuffs" roddy said. she backed away from him in disgust. "i can't believe you, never again. you don't even love me, you used me" she cried. "i was doing my job, like your dad was" he replied. "i let you take my virginity, you met my entire family, you said you were going to marry me" she said, breaking down.

he was hurting seeing her crying, but kept his composure. "i'm pregnant, what now?" she said. his eyes widened. he fucked up. his undercover work got him tied to the family for life. this was bad. really bad. ralph could bail himself out. he was seen as a betrayer, a fed. he could die. but if ralph found out about the baby, he'd be forced to join. forced. caylyn wasn't a liar and she wasn't a hoe. the baby was existant and was his.

"i'll talk to you" he said leaving. he heard her scream as he closed the door. faint cries heard outside of the door as well. caylyn's life was crumbling. her dad was a murderer and her boyfriend never was her boyfriend. her mother came to comfort her and sat with her on the floor as she cried. one thing never left rodrick's mind as he went back to his police car, the verdict needs to be guilty or his life was over.

---------------------------
i hope you enjoyed.
i love yall.
stay safe.
bye.