Chapter 23

"Where have you two been? I haven't seen either of you all afternoon." Chisaki asked

"Sorry, I needed some air," Izuku lied then looked down when he felt a certain someone cling to his legs. "Oh? Well if it isn't Eri~" Izuku gave a small smile as he kneeled to look at her. "I haven't had the chance to talk to you in a while." Izuku reached out to put his hand onto her head only to see her flinch, he paused his movement then retracted his hand. "Is everything okay?"

"Izuku, I have some info for you." Izuku looked up at the man wearing the mask on his face. "We have a drug in the works that boosts a person's quirk for a certain amount of time, I have a few people willing to test the drug, but I need you to record the results to see just how long it'll last and I need you to do this tonight," Chisaki stated.

"Alright, what if the thug is caught by the pros? What do you want me to do then?"

"Let them get caught. I have more people that I can test this on. Another thing, why don't you take Eri outside and walk around the city tomorrow? Maybe buy her a toy and I'll be sure to pay you back if you do. I'm only asking this of you because she's seemed to take a liking to you... Just make sure she doesn't run off again." Chisaki suggested.

"Sure." Izuku looked back at the girl and smiled. "Here that Eri? Tomorrow we can go get that toy you wanted the other day!" Eri smiled happily at the mention of a new toy and hugged him. Izuku felt his heart melt but only a tad bit. He let a genuine smile flash across his face as he wrapped an arm around Eri and patted her back. "For now though, it's time for bed. It's getting pretty late and I do have to leave soon little one."

"D-Don't go..." Eri stuttered as tears started to form at the corner of her eyes

"Don't worry, I'll be back in the morning and then we can spend the whole day together!"

"Y-You promise?"

"I promise and if I'm not here by eleven o'clock tomorrow morning... even if it's just a minute late, I'll give you permission to hit me and then I'll buy you anything you want. It can be more than one thing! But only if I'm late. So no tears... Alright?" Eri quickly wiped away her tears and nodded with a bright smile on her face. "Good, now off to bed Eri. I'll see you tomorrow." Eri nodded then backed away from him then slowly left the room, taking one last glance at him. Izuku waved to her then stood up and placed his hands into the pockets of his hoodie as he watched her leave. The moment she left the smile on his face faded immediately. "Alright, time for work."

"I'll send you the location of where the thugs will be. They will be selling a few drugs around that area but in case they get into any trouble and have to use the quirk enhancer, I want you to be there to record the data. Another thing I want you to do is to test my product." Chisaki pulled out a black box and opened it showing 4 red darts fit for gun use. Izuku couldn't help but chuckle. "You know...despite you killing one of my friends and taking another one's arm... I think I've taken a liking to you! Unlike Shigaraki you put me to work instantly!"

"He didn't?" Chisaki asked as he gave the bullet to Izuku.

"No, did I not tell you...? He kept me locked away and under surveillance for four years. I mean the times that he let me out were always dark and I could never stray away too far from the hideout and someone had to accompany me at all times. I'd say that through those times is where my sanity truly slipped from me. Now I just crave to see people suffer! "Izuku grinned as he took out his gun

"How long have you truly been out in the world since those four years exactly?"

Izuku chuckled with a wicked smile spread across his face from ear to ear. "Would you believe me if I said that it's only been about a month?"