Chapter 28

"Times running out Kacchan~ You better make your choice. Either you lose me and your quirk or you can stay by my side and keep your quirk. Make your choice or else I'll make it for you~" Izuku started to push a bit on the trigger.

"Alright, fine! I'll fucking work with you!" Izuku's eyes had widened. He actually didn't expect this at all.

"I don't have a choice... You've become a monster... it's my fault... I see that..."

"Please don't say that..."

Izuku and Bakugo turned to look down at the silver-haired girl. "Izuku isn't a monster..."

"Brat do you not see what he just-"

"Please stop! You keep making him sad! Izuku is so kind to me and he's the reason I now remember how to smile! So please don't hurt him anymore... I can see it in his eyes that when he looks at you he's always in pain... He doesn't deserve to be in pain anymore... You're just a big bully!" Eri shouted as she started to cry silently while clinging to Izuku's leg. Izuku sighed and placed his hand on top of her head in a small effort to comfort the crying child. Katsuki was stunned silent. Izuku put his gun back into its holster, he had already received the answer he had wanted. He wasn't upset with the results, more surprised than anything. He picked up Eri and held her close. "Eri, dear little Eri... there's no need to cry for me... You don't have to defend someone like me. I'm alright."

"No! I have to defend you...! You're my big brother... So... I have to make sure that you're okay..." Eri said as she wrapped her arms around Izuku's neck trying her best to give him a comforting hug. Izuku stared blankly at nothing, not knowing what to do since he wasn't used to this sort of affection. He didn't particularly feel anything but he did know how to pretend. "Thank you Eri. You're so kind... Let's just focus on getting you out of here now, okay?" Izuku suggested to try and change the subject to which Eri nodded while keeping her head against Izuku's shoulder.

"Twice... Toga... Todoroki? "

"Yes sir!" They said in unison.

"Let's go. Keep an eye on him." Izuku said as he continued his walk down the hallway until they came to a door. "This is it, right Eri?"

Eri slowly nodded and hugged Izuku knowing that their time together was coming to an end. Izuku put his hand on the doorknob and twisted it to see a room with six steps leading to another door. He walked up the stairs and opened the door then stepped outside. They were now on the side of the building. He sat Eri down to check his surroundings and managed to catch a glimpse of Overhaul's beaten by none other than the man that shined brighter than anyone in U.A.'s big three: Lemillion. Izuku was entranced by his fighting style, the use of his quirk. He wanted to study it. He wanted to know how it functioned, but he knew his limits. This was one person that he couldn't touch.

"Izuku?" Eri called out. Izuku broke out of his trance and calmly looked down at her. "I don't want to leave you..." the girl said clinging to his pants leg.

"I know you don't. But you have to be a big girl for me, okay? When you learn to control your quirk, you'll see me again."

"But... how will I find you?"

Izuku smiled slightly and placed his hand over her head. "Don't worry, if you can't find me then I'll find you."

"You promise?"

"I promise. But... can you promise me something?"

Eri looked up at him as Izuku kneeled to look her in the eyes. "No matter what happens to me, no matter how the world views me, you have to promise me that you'll want to come back to me."