Chapter 4

Chamberlein, Maine

Carrie's P.O.V

I remember darkness. Then I open my eyes and I'm burried under the rubble of my house. I crawl out and my hometown is on fire from my wrath. The cops are looking for the source of the fire. So I sneak out of the house and walk onto the road. Ms. White, said a voice. Ms. White, WAKE UP! Then every thing turned white and I woke up in what looked like a hospital room. Next to me sat an elderly man holding a clipboard. It also looked like I was surrounded by frost. You're safe now Ms. White. My name is Dr. Sam Owens, said the man. Where am I, I asked freezing my butt off. Department of Energy, Chicago. We know about the massacre you caused to your hometown and I can understand why. Everyone was horrible to you. We kept the townsfolk from killing you and in return, they can't talk about what happened at the prom, explained Dr. Owens. How long have I been passed out? I asked shaking. About 10 years and you haven't aged because we found your body and preserved it in ice. You're now in the year 1986 and your prom was in 1976, he explained. I've been asleep for 10 years? I asked shaking. Let's get you out of that cryo-tank, said Owens as he pushed a button that unfroze me. I fell out of the tank and landed on my hands and knees and the nurses brought me a robe. So I've met with someone who is willing to take you in as her own daughter. Claudia Henderson. A single mom with her teenage son Dustin, said Owens. Does she know about my telekinesis? I asked. No, said Owens. She is coming from Hawkins, Indiana.

Back in Hawkins

Dustin's POV

It was 6:00 am in the morning when my Mom woke me up to tell me she is going to Chicago because she's adopting a girl from Maine. I was a bit skeptical at first, but then she told me that she's uncultured so I got excited for her to bring her. I decided to tell everybody about it. Later in the afternoon, Mom got back with who I assumed to be my quote on quote ''New Sister''. Dusty this is Carrie White, she's going to be staying with us so make her feel at home while I'm running errands, said Mom as she got back in the car and drove off. Hi I'm Dustin, I said holding my hand out. I'm Carrie, she said shyly as she shook my hand. We went inside and I showed her around. When I took her to my room, she took notice of my Stephen King Collection.

 When I took her to my room, she took notice of my Stephen King Collection

Steve King, I said to her as she examined the books. I don't know who Stephen King is, said Carrie. WHAT! That's like saying you have never heard of Jedi Master Yoda! I said. I've never heard of Master Yoda, she said shyly. What about Batman? She shook her head. Terminator, The Flash, Lion-O, He-Man, Darth Vader, Ghostbusters? Sorry, she said. My mother never let me watch T.V. because it was a sinful act, she said vaguely. That's...ridiculous, I said. She was super religious and abusive towards me, she said. Well then looks like I'm going to have to rent a bunch of movies and turn on channel 12.2, I said.