Chapter 6

Will's P.O.V

I woke up to a knocking on the front door. It was 6:30 in the morning and Mom and Jonathan and Hopper were at work and El went to Mike's house as usual, so I was by myself. I got outta bed and went straight for the door. When I opened it, Beverly was standing there with a Jason Voorhees hockey mask on. CHCHCHAHAHAH, said Beverly. Oh sweet Beverly...it's KIKIKIAHAHAH not CHCHCHAHAHAH, I said mockingly. No I'm pretty sure it's ch-ch-ch-ah-ah-ah, Byers, said Beverly. WILL?! said a deep familiar voice. I thought Jonathan works today, said Bev. Beverly, said another voice that Beverly recognized. Will, said the voice. I turned around and saw my Dad with a sledge hammer. Will...time to come to Indianapolis with me or you get the sledge, said my Dad with a threatening tone. Bevy...are you still my little girl, Beverly? Asked Beverly's Dad with a rapist voice. NO! Yelled Beverly. We ended up running outside to the backyard to find them both holding red balloons. Come and play D and D with us, kiddos, they both said with evil grins. THEY'RE NOT HERE! THEY'RE NOT HERE! THEY'RE NOT HERE! I shouted with both of our eyes shut. When we opened them, they were both gone. We got to go to Hopper, said Beverly as I nodded in agreement. When we got to the front of the house, my Dad's car pulled into the driveway as did Hopper's truck. The Hell you doing out here, Will? My Dad asked as Hopper climbed out of his truck. HOPPER HE TRIED TO KILL ME AND BEV WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER! I yelled. SON OF A BITCH, LONNIE! Cursed Hopper as he grabbed him by the arm and put it behind his back.

Joyce's P.O.V

I was working at Melvald's when Hopper called me to say that Lonnie almost killed Will and Beverly at my house. So I left and went straight to the police station. WILL! I shouted as I ran into the station. Will and Beverly explained everything to me. The last thing I saw when we left the station was a red balloon floating.