Come Sleep

GriDoc| Flangst| S7

TW: None I can think off

If There Are Any More, Please Tell Me
-----------------------------------

-3rd Person P.O.V-

It was about 3AM and Grian was just a bit concerned. He had been up exploring the new server when he spotted Doc's base, which would have been fine if he hadn't seen Doc still up, still building, still being a GOAT.

That also would have been fine if he knew Doc had slept the night before. But Doc didn't sleep the night before. Or the week before. Grian knew he had full rights to be concerned about Doc's well being, the whole server was.

Even though Grian wasn't in Season 5, he knew of the nHo and how close they were. He also knew how Doc would always listen to them. But this time....... he flat out ignored their protests. He cared for them and loved them but just couldn't be bothered to listen. He had to keep building. He HAD to. The sooner he was done, the sooner he could sleep!

At least, that's what Doc told himself. He knew he should sleep. He knew he should eat. He knew he should drink water. But he didn't care. He cared about this build he was working on. An oh so amazing idea that he had was being built block by block, night by night. He would be done soon, then he could sleep. A long, nice, nap.

He had placed the last of the wood and when he collapsed into a pile of exhaustion, Grian knew he had to do something about it.

Grian slowly walked up to the pile of Doc and gently tapped his shoulder. He felt Doc tense up on instinct and swiftly pulled his hand away. He had at least got the Creeper-cyborg's attention, even if Doc didn't know who it was.

"Doc, it's Grian. I need you to turn towards me to talk, alright?" Grian began, making sure to whisper quietly and gently as to not frighten the hybrid more.

Doc slowly relaxed at hearing Grian's voice, then carefully shifted his body so he was facing Grian. Grian noticed the dark bags under his Creeper eye and the slight gliching in and out of his robotic eye. He noticed the way Doc's hair was sticking up and curling around like he hadn't brushed it for weeks. He noticed the way Doc's body was still slightly tensed up. He noticed the tear tracks on Doc's face and the way his clothes were hanging off of him.

Grian hadn't noticed he was staring until he heard Doc's small, rough, and broken voice whisper a short sentence.

"G-Grian? Are y-you okay?"

Grian looked at Doc one last time and said after what felt like ten years, "Come on Doc, you need rest and I have a comfy bed you can borrow,"

"Wh-what? N-no! I can't t-take your bed a-away like that!"

Grian sighed, he knew Doc wouldn't accept that fast.

"No, Doc. We're going to my base and if you need to feel more comfortable, then I can share the bed with you. We will get you home and we will sleep,"

Doc attempted to protest, but stopped when he saw the pure worry in Grian's eyes. He just couldn't say no. Instead of speaking, he simply nodded.

Grian scooped Doc up in his arms and started the trek to the jungle. He felt the way Doc sunk in his arms. He noticed the look of worry in Doc's eyes as they approached the mysterious biome. He more importantly saw and felt Doc's face bury itself in his sweater.

Meanwhile, Doc was in his own world. He was trying to figure out how he could let himself take even the corner on Grian's bed. He really felt like a idiot for making Grian worry and come all this way out here for him only to have to go all the way back to his base. He was also trying to figure out if he should book it or not. He could tell Grian that he was terrified of the jungle, sure, or he could suffer in silence. He chose the latter. He really just felt like taking a nap. So that's what he did.

-Grian's P.O.V-

Well, it seems like Doc's fallen asleep.... not surprised. I hurried home as I noticed it had gotten dark and SleepDoubleO100 was doing something with Etho and Beef at the moment. We don't want Zombies trying to hurt us. I passed by Scar's snail and made my though the jungle, passing trees, mobs, leaves, and other weird things. I stopped in front of my hobbit hole-ish home. I opened the door and headed inside. I walked over to my closet after setting Doc on the bed and picked up a some sweatpants, a sweater, and a pair of fuzzy socks.

I'm not sure how Doc would feel about me changing his clothes and stuff but sleeping in a ragged lab coat and a torn pair of jeans doesn't seem all that fun to me. I softly walked over to Doc and changed his clothes, being as quite as possible because I knew Doc was the lightest sleeper in all of HermitCraft. Even a few pens dropping could make the hybrid snap awake.

After changing his clothes, it occurred to me that Doc looked extremely cute in oversized stuff. I got myself changed and got under the covers. Just before falling asleep I could've sworn I heard Doc pur.

-Doc's P.O.V-

I knew that I was always a bit to hardworking. If I were to think back to the war, then I'd get flashbacks of passing out, stressful work, and a lot of crying. If I were to think back to Area77, then I'd think of pushing myself to the breaking point. I would remember all the times I woke up in bed after passing out in the middle of redstone, always finding Scar next to me with a worried glint in his eyes. I would think back to the days and nights I worked without breaks or food. Them telling me to work quicker, to make it more efficient, more compact, more good.

They would force me into situations I couldn't escape. Force me to work more. Force me to do they're bidding. It wouldn't end. It never would. It still hurt, the scars and scratches on my back. I still felt them wacking me for "being to slow" or for "taking a break". They just needed someone to take anger out on, and that person happened to be me.

I didn't realize I was sobbing until I felt arms wrap around my torso and bring me closer. The thing around me was....... Grian? It was him. I could recognize the somewhat tan arms with freckles anywhere. He seemed to be trying to calm me down, and it was working.

"They won't hurt you anymore Doc, I promise."

"It'll be alright, calm down and breathe."

"In for four, hold for seven, out for eight. Repeat that action, okay Doc? You'll be safe."

Even though we were both almost asleep, I still managed to whisper something to Grian as we cuddled.

"Thanks for helping me. I really love you Grian. Please don't leave me..."

Word Count: 1243

(A/N) This took, no joke, three months to write. Why you may be asking? I was being l a z y. Procrastion is the best, huh.